Arrows working as intendet?

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Sham07, Mar 7, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Lesca Guest

[p]Nice to know it wasn't just me... I've been using Ichorstrand ammo on my Sarnak and as an example fight, I shot 91 arrows and missed 25. That's just straight misses, not including parries, deflections etc. This was with skill buffed to 450 or so on mobs in FTH and MMIS. [/p][p]Combat Arts seem to hit OK, no doubt due to the modifiers that Rothgar mentioned. But it's so disheartening to watch the combat window and see "You try to pierce so-and-so but miss" every time I auto attack. I just know my DPS would be that little bit higher if I was hitting those![/p][p]Eagerly awaiting that fix. :)[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-TemerNeziel Guest

[p]Agree with Lesca here (nothing to do with her being an officer or anything in our guild! :) ). In fact us and the other ranger in our guild all agree that if we were actually hitting the mob our DPS would be that much higher. Can't wait to hear the good news about ths change going in :)[/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-Anxion Guest

[p]Good news, hotfix notes from today:[/p][p] [/p][p]Hotfix March / 19 / 2007 [/p][p]*** Ammo ***[/p][p]Accuracy modifications on ammo will now be applied correctly to auto-attack.[/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-Corran Thail Guest

I reeeally want to try out these changes but our brig is on vacation for the next couple of months so I'm stuck playing a brig till he gets back, WTB brig!! If those changes work as Rothgar has said there are going to be a lot of very happy rangers on these boards again.
  5. ARCHIVED-Lesca Guest

[p]Patch landed on Splitpaw yesterday, and I can conclusively say that it works. Last nights' Freethinkers raid felt so much better, and my hit rate was up to 93% with T8 ammo. I barely saw a miss, except on Malkonis and Treyloth, and my overall DPS was a good 300 - 400 higher than it has been before. I'm stunned. But happy. What a difference that makes...[/p][p]Thanks indeed to Rothgar for getting this hotfix in.[/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-Sham07 Guest

Only orange cons i fought now were cheldrak and malkonis but it was insane. Hardly any misses even on those. Its a lot more fun with these arrows than getting "miss" almost every 2nd shot. Thanks for the fix. Its awesome!
  7. ARCHIVED-Anxion Guest

Which arrows were you using? Does anyone have an opinion on what the best playermade arrow to use now is? (I have yet to get T8 ammo, sigh such is life).
  8. ARCHIVED-Sham07 Guest

Field points. And i think ill stick to those in raids since i cant realy remember a single miss since i use em after fix. Havent realy tested bodkins yet but field points definitely > broadheads. I dont have t8 ammo but after this weeks raids so far i dontthink they can make much of a difference anymore.
  9. ARCHIVED-Runewind Guest

I've been testing out field points and bodkins on my parser and it seems that bodkins are still consistantly more accurate than field points. I don't know if I'm the only one noticing this or not.
  10. ARCHIVED-Gareorn Guest

My parses show that, since the fix went in, field points have a much higher hit% than bodkins against mobs level 72 and up. This is exactly what I expect to see. Against blue and green mobs, I'm hitting in the high 90's eitherway. Again, I expect to have a high hit rate with low level mobs no matter what ammo I'm using.
  11. ARCHIVED-Runewind Guest

Okay, it might just be my experience then. I was hitting about 95% with bodkins and 80-85% with Field Points both against level 70-72 mobs. Might have just been a fluke.