Armor sets.

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Aran Anar, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Aran Anar Active Member

There is a nice scout armor set i seen, need the name of it, the ratonga in kunark standing outside chardok, he a quest npc down in the canyon, what armor set that npc have on anyone know? Looks great.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Next time you go by him, grab a screenshot and post it, and we can help.
  3. Aran Anar Active Member

Charasis: Maiden's Chamber a fairy quest npc standing outside the zone door got scout armor ill try get screen shot want same armor for nice look.
  4. Aran Anar Active Member

anyone know what it might be?
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You can't just nag, if you want help you have to give folks enough information that we can assist you. I had other business in Jarsath Wastes today, so I went by and grabbed a screenshot of the NPC in question, Quiyn.

[IMG]

Now, the first thing to note is that not everything worn by NPCs is available to player characters, and I am reasonably sure that Quiyn's gear falls into that category. There is equipment in the game with the same model(s), but not necessarily the same colors.

So, there are a couple of ways to approach this search. First, look to see if there's player-crafted armor that's close, and the easy way to do that is to visit EQ2 Trader's Corner's Fashion Page. If what you want is there, you can usually buy it on the broker or find a crafter to make it for you. In this case, there's nothing player-crafted that matches.

The second thing to try is go stand at the broker, put in your class and level, then look for all attunable chest pieces from level 1 to your level (it's easiest to start with the chest, then match everything to it best you can). Sort by Item Name, then start trying stuff on in the dressing room. Hints:

• Take the time to go through them all, sometimes you can find the exact same appearance at a variety of levels, names and prices.
    • There will be a bunch of items that are all named similarly, and once you have determined that four or five of these have identical appearances, you can skip all the rest of the ones that are named that way. (Opulent Robe of X; Skyfire Tunic of Y, etc.)
    • When you find something you think you like, open the examine window or jot down the name so you can come back to it.
    • The icon shown in the broker may or may not have any relationship to the actual appearance of the item.
    So, here's my best sets. Hopefully some assassins can chime in about more of the masked cowls:

[IMG]

Black Silk
    • \aITEM -1614931527 511886706 0 0 0:[Black Silk Doublet]\/a
    • \aITEM 1925356867 99301444 0 0 0:[Black Silk Breeches]\/a

Pure Black
    • \aITEM -743553432 -408926668 0 0 0:[Awakened Scaleguard leather tunic]\/a
    • \aITEM -1518797776 864472441 0 0 0:[Awakened Scaleguard leather sleeves]\/a
    • \aITEM 453459929 345061596:Awakened Scaleguard leather breeches\/a
    • \aITEM 791515702 -725776990 0 0 0:[Awakened Scaleguard leather boots]\/a
    • \aITEM -834501182 902992470 0 0 0:[Awakened Scaleguard leather hands]\/a

Ancient [Garment] of X (Look for the first two words)
    • \aITEM 433459655 351781783 0 0 0:[Ancient Robe of Knowledge]\/a
    • \aITEM 1683533450 -1583655075 0 0 0:[Ancient Slippers of Battle]\/a
    • \aITEM -61967653 -1849617598 0 0 0:[Ancient Shoulder Pads of Battle]\/a
    • \aITEM -441992816 1077189736 0 0 0:[Ancient Pantaloons of the Guardian]\/a

Assassin Only Signature Quest Hood (Blood of the Brood)
    • \aITEM -1799310826 685929972 0 0 0:[Customized Hoo'Loh's Inhumer Cowl]\/a
  6. Aran Anar Active Member

Dang i got my work to do on this one . I think that fairy Quiyn has best looking scout armor set in game. I realyl want it!! I know there is a armor set or part of one drop in charsis but not shure it same. Yep that the look i want, has to be some way a player can get same look. Il try what u said but was hopeing maybe some GM or something can tell me dang....
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

8. Aran Anar Active Member

Shure thanks :)
  9. Hoosierdaddy Active Member

Believe the Dungeon Maker chain helm is an all-black cowl or as near as you're going to find.
  10. Ssesbethyia New Member

Not sure if you care now but that is the evil Monk Starting armor.
  11. Wintir Active Member

12. Enric_of_Neriak Member

My favorite scout armor is Kithicor's Nighthunter set. It's the heroic set and the pieces drop from various EoF instances. My ranger has been wearing armor with more earth tones lately but it may be time to for a wardrobe swap.
  13. oldskool Active Member

Not sure what you mean by 'starting' armor. I rolled a monk real quick starting in Neriak and this is the armor:

[IMG]