Are you still doing your Apprentice training quests each day?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL, Sep 4, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

I have done 40 days with 9 - 92s and gotten no Colossal Reactants. Trying to decide if i really want to go another 40 of logging in every day to do this worthless routine.
    Anyone getting CRs still?
  2. ARCHIVED-decator666 Guest

I try to do mine everyday on my 7 toons but such drudgery for a very very rare chance to get something I need like a rare mat or a reactant. I wish they would give us something to look forward to. I do enjoy getting the potions of progress as they help with guild leveling.
  3. ARCHIVED-Mermut Guest

I got a colossal reactant the other day. I've found that I tend to have long dry stretches, then 1 or 2 colossals, dry spell, etc.
  4. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

I think I've gone way past the 100 mark on my 9 characters. I still keep up with it for the occasional reactant, but I don't do it every day. My jeweler got 2 colossals in the last 2 weeks.
  5. ARCHIVED-Madelaine Mae Guest

I still do mine... I'm looking for collosals for alts. I got two in a weeks' time about a month ago. Nothing since.
  6. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

Yes, I am still doing mine. Take a bit of time and craft a bunch of the apprentice gear things, the basket, knife, tool belt, apron etc. Stick them in your house vault. You can pull it out and hand it to the apprentice in a second or two. It just makes it go much faster it seems.
  7. ARCHIVED-Xianthia Guest

Sigrdrifa@Lucan DLere wrote:
    You don't need to grab them from the vault. You can just leave them in there and speak to the apprentice, the items get used up automatically.
    And, yes, I still do mine, I craft enough items for a month worth of turn ins.
  8. ARCHIVED-SlashnGut Guest

No longer do it every day as it is not worth it. I have not seen a collossal reactant in 3-4 months minimum across 9 crafters.
  9. ARCHIVED-Dellmon Guest

Yes, I continue to do it every day. Not so much for a Reactant [I have yet to see one, but that is just the RNG being cruel], but rather for the acheivements. That is the only motivation I have to do his help-me events daily.
  10. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

I still do it most days for at least some of my characters. Whatever days I play I do it when I log a character in before hitting banks & what not. I do have a lot of characters so I don't usually get through all of them in one day, but whichever ones I get on do get their potion or whatever =).
  11. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

I still do mine for 10 crafters every day. Only 5 of them are high enough level for a chance at a colossal though.
  12. ARCHIVED-Kuulei Guest

Sigrdrifa@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Acutally I use a progress potion and in the 10 mins, I fill two 40-slot boxes. I make 16 of each of the 5 items. Then I toss the 2 boxes in each characters house vault.
    There is NO NEED to pull one out, the apprentice will do it automatically!
  13. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

I'll have to admit, I stopped when I started playing a second MMO (sorry EQ2, I'm cheating on ya). It takes me 1/3rd longer to learn recipes now, and I don't get anymore potions. I also save myself the 30-45 min a day that I use to spend doing the crafting spin so I'm ok with that.
    Not to mention the extra inventory space not devoted to 3 fuels, 5 items to turn in and all those potions. Honestly, I don't miss it.
  14. ARCHIVED-Raienya Guest

I still do mine, even though some don't have available recipes to learn. Weird that you can still do the quest and try to get a reactant with no recipe.
  15. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

I got 2 more reactants since my previous post. I may go back to doing this daily. :p
  16. ARCHIVED-Galldora Guest

At least some of my crafters work with their apprentices every day -- but I have 14 crafters, including 9 at level 92, and I don't get around to every one of them every day. I do these quests mostly for the potions, which I really enjoy using.
    Since my crafters keep journals of their progress and their rewards, I checked the record for one crafter to see if her rewards had changed over time. This particular crafter began working with her apprentice on the last day of February, so her journal covers a little more than six months. During that time, she assisted her apprentice and received a reward 115 times.
    For anyone who might be interested, this is what she got:
    Colossal reactants - 2 (both in March)
    Common raws - 50 (26 in first 3 months)
    Rares - 12 (5 in first 3 months)
    Potions - 51 (24 in first 3 months)
    You can see that her rewards have remained very much the same when comparing the first 3 months to the last three months, except for the colossal reactants. In fact, none of my level-90+ crafters have ever gotten all that many reactants -- the total for all nine of them over the six months I've kept track has been only 6 colossal reactants, and not one of them has received a reactant since mid-June. I'm glad to see that others are reporting getting them recently, because I thought perhaps they were no longer in the loot table.
    My other five crafters are in their teens and 20s, and they get reactants more frequently. Looking at two of them, one has received 6 reactants in six months (3 in first 3 months, 3 in last) and the other has received 5 reactants (3 in the first 3 months and 2 in the last.)
  17. ARCHIVED-Dreamclouds Guest

I like doing them, I wish the plain mats were taken out and the rares added in their place, and perhaps a few more potions... that would make me jump in every day again!
  18. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Deveryn@Crushbone wrote:
    Well I've stopped for now. 1 reactant in 360 throws, was just not worth the time.
  19. ARCHIVED-StrainAsylum Guest

I am doing daily apprentice quest on at least one player (though the others are very erratically visited). I have gotten a CR, a few rares and a lower Reactant, despite my inconsistent attention, so I'll keep it up :)
    Of course, it was much easier after I made a central Apprentice/sub-crafting area (other than the guild hall), with all of the apprentice and their Elites (where they had them) together, along with the 3 most commonly used crafting stations, so that I can just do the quest right there. I used the Maj Dul Suite, since it was spacious and the ledges allowed the elites to park up out of the way, but still right behind their associated mundane apprentice. And for ID purposes - and cos I liked it! - I themed the area right around them with class specific items: rolls of fabric and a spinning wheel for the tailor, urns, a broken bench, a good bench and other stuff by the carpenter, kerran totem and musical instruments by the woodworker (OK, not accurate, but still appropriate), etc.
    It's on Unrest, Flycka's Maj Dul Suite (not a published place - just a useful one), if anyone wants to take a look.
  20. ARCHIVED-ratbast Guest

i do the daily, but only once every few days when i restart new research.

I check their spell research, check their broker, check their tradeskill research. check their yelnar timer. i have them all synchronized on deshniak prism tho, so i dont check that except every 18 days.

i realized i couldnt keep up with doing this daily, so i immediately started researching all the low research time recipes while i still have stamina to log thru each toon on more frequent basis. as my patience wears thin they will have to research the 90 recipes without much attention from me.

by then i will hopefully be more focused on their expert->master spell research than on reactant recipes. all these long timers that cant be synchronized is a pita tho. i have to make a chart for when each toons spell research completes so i log them in and start new.

what would really be awesome is if the research tab had another element added, which is repeatable. (level 90 only researchable of course) 7 days research time, that produces an heirloom potion upon completion. i could synchronize that, log them all in once per week, and master out who i wanted. or complete deshniak who i wanted, etc.

i have 2 max level toons that are not spell researching anything (mastered 1-92). i have a few toons who are down to only the essences on their reactant timer, and most of my deshniak only have 4 recipes left to research.

just an idea.

EDIT: btw, i did the daily for about the first 220 days of AoD, i also recorded which toon got colossal, and which day. my last recorded colossal was day 204, i had a long drought after that, so when i finally did get another colossal i didnt record it, and i started missing days. it was about 3 collosals per crafter over 200 days, so 1.5% drop rate. it seemed like the drop rate spiked when skyshrine launched, then dropped of dramatically 3 weeks later. i cant remember the last time i got one, but i only log my crafters every few days.