ARE YOU A HERO?

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Holloway New Member

Oh those. Done a few already. Some level 50-something bow that glows red. All for more of those.

Also, they can't be any more annoying than learning Draconic was.
  2. Feldon Well-Known Member

HQ (Heritage Quest) means lengthier dialogue with NPCs and even more hunting for clues than normal. ;) ;)

But seriously, Draconic is definitely one of the top "hunt til your eyes bleed" quests as far as number of places you have to go to get updates. But at least you don't need to repeat the 26 runes part on your other characters you roll. You'll be able to pass the runes to your other characters to study.
    Rhodris, Shmogre and Dulcenia like this.
  3. Jolemai Active Member

Just realised I need to learn Draconic for my first second account toon and I'm actually looking forward to it o_O
  4. Jolemai Active Member

Heritage Quests Timeline - EQ2i
  5. suka Well-Known Member

totally leaves me out. I don't raid, won't raid, although i usually love heritage quests. I think you should have included a version for those of us that don't raid. just because we have a lower key playstyle shouldn't mean we can't do special quests like heritage quests. anytime a quest demands a raid i skip it. and i think it really hurts your player base when everyone can't enjoy their preferred version of a quest. please consider adding an advanced solo version so i can do it.

I don't group either, for many reasons, most of them personal.
  6. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

Well there are a more then a few HQ's that say there is a raid part " A Mark of Awakening " comes to mind , the last part Trial of Leadership says epic x 4 raid instance, but if you have the stuff it takes you can solo it. That's just one example there are many more just the same way. Check out "Justice for JoJo that suggests a party but can be solo'd.So why should this new HQ be any different? depending on level ofc.
  7. Seefar Well-Known Member

~ Dana Andrews said "prunes," gave him the runes -- and passing them used lots of skills ~

I may be mostly clueless* but I'm gradually starting to get to the point where I can remember where some of those dragon runes are. (And always happy to help others find things who can't, if I can -- especially those with a naversion to this gnomish innerwebz malarkey.)

* offered as proof: I only recently learnt that one doesn't have to speak draconic to be able to speak with the droags in SkyShrine -- after starting a bunch of people off To Speak As A Dragon thinking that it was a prerequisite language. /doh!

PS @Feldon 'new here'? Oh, you lucky, lucky bar steward. What I'd give for a personal memwipe so I could do that again. Enjoy! :)
  8. Seefar Well-Known Member

... "Cat Game"? What cat game?

Only cat game I know of is a personal quest I call 'Seeking Kelethin' (poor little thing; I imagine him shivering in a corner of the Willow Wood someplace -- if he's not already been some gnoll's dinner /sob)
  9. Sambril Well-Known Member

I think you misunderstood the OP. They are adding 2 standard HQs with appropriate awards (I don't know if a group will be needed, but they will not need a raid). In addition one of those has an extra raid step to allow you to upgrade the item to higher quality. So no need to worry, you can do the HQs and ignore the extra raid part if you like.
    Luperza and Shmogre like this.
  10. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Justice for Jojo requires at least 2 players for one step. Unless those root/vines that used to require someone to grab each end of them now allow you to update the quest by grabbing just one end.
  11. Seefar Well-Known Member

'Game experience may change during online play'
    When I took on JoJo we needed a full group. When I took on General Drull we used to need a two-group raid. Those days were fun.

Things change so fast that even though it's a bard's job to try to lead folks into battle I'm increasingly reticent when it comes to trying to form a group, because I'll remember needing X and Y to do Z, will try to get that together; someone is guaranteed to chime in and say "you don't need a group for that, I soloed it yesterday.' Sun Tzu doesn't really offer a strat for that.

@OP 'Hero?' Me? No way.
    suka likes this.
  12. Haloek Member

That really is nothing new look at every Class Epic Weapon Quest(not sure about Channeler and BL) but they have an extra quest to go and kill 3 raid mobs to upgrade from Fabled to Mythical. I am not a raider but I say go for it if you want to and don't if you don't
  13. suka Well-Known Member

i still don't like anything that requires me to group or raid, or that i feel i need to box for. if i wanted to feel forced into a group, i would go back to eq1. but i loved your reference to Sun Tzu. We named our guild tactician after him. Great strategist.
    Seefar likes this.
  14. Katz Well-Known Member

The original post needs to be edited to say:

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO RAID!!!!!! at the very beginning of the post.
    Kalmaraa and Charlice like this.
  15. Kalmaraa Active Member

Well the sad part that I am seeing now is that the heroics and raid zones needed for these HQs are well... the hardest in the game currently. Heck there is only 1 maybe 2 raid guilds on the server I play on capable of handling them for these updates. Saddly there not ones for letting in causal players like myself. Also PUGs are rather lacking of late.
  16. Kalmaraa Active Member

Yes you don't have to raid, which is why my current post notes the problem also includes the heroic zones.
  17. Seefar Well-Known Member

While I don't have a nissue with this as such -- I don't feel the urge myself to do absolutely everything that can be done in a game that has such a mass of content in it -- I do find it sad that if one wants to group/ raid then the only choice is the current 'top tier' content. I've grouped and raided a lot of stuff, but each 'content generation' needs to gear up, which all takes time. (Don't let me get started on the perceived need for every player to be able to fill every role, which just makes the whole process worse, because then you get burnout due to the constant need to 'grind dailies' for not just one but multiple toons -- which then has a knock-on effect on the design of the content itself: a death spiral).

Talking of raids, there's a whole bunch of excellently conceived old raid zones that simply never see action any more because the current combat mechanics/ gear makes it impossible to determine from one week to the next what 'raid force' is needed to attempt them. Some old beasts labelled as 'epics' are often easier fodder than perfectly ornery things of the same size labelled merely 'heroic'. There's far too much illogical variation on the 'con'.

Waffling a bit, sorry. This is a complex topic, one not prone to easy analysis. Nor easy solutions :/
  18. Luperza Community Manager

I thought I made it obvious by saying an "extra raid step" has been added, but I guess people saw the word raid and started flipping tables. :p

In the future, I'll be a little more clear. ;)
    Katz and Feara like this.
  19. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Perhaps the word "optional" should have been used instead of "extra" (which made me think that I would have to take that raid step too far...) ;)
  20. Merriel Well-Known Member

Personally, I run solo and if it requires a group or raid, I simply skip the content, unless I can solo it on my own (which I do attempt to do). There are some raid zones however, that have steps in them that do require more than one person to complete, and I have found the need to give up on certain heritage and hallmark quest lines because of this. As they are older, lower level raid zones, I would really like to see them changed, to make it possible to solo them while mentored down to the level for that zone. It is a real disappointment not to be able to complete heritage and hallmark quest lines because you can't solo them to the end.

As I am still working on gaining my 280AA's before I can level past 90 on my brigand, I have only tried one advanced solo quest and had to give up as her gear and level are definitely not sufficient enough to complete them successfully. I am looking forward to when I can take her to Vesspyr Isle to do the daily solo's. The crafting quests are fun, albeit I find it odd that you would send a level 95 tradeskiller into agro zones to complete certain steps. Definitely makes it challenging, anyways. :D

As for meeting new people/social interaction...not everyone is into that, and no amount of 'encouragement' on SOE's part is going to change their minds about that. I really think, to keep the game interesting to all genre, they need to start considering the solo players as well, and make quest lines available to be completed solo as well as in a group or raid, even if it means making three different tiers of gear...solo/group/raid. The skins can be the same, just change the stats to match what is needed for each of their needs. It's really not that difficult to do. I agree, raid content is extremely time consuming and involves a whole lot more than a solo player needs, so reward them accordingly (with a new mount, an epic weapon, etc), but at least allow those of us who love to solo, the opportunity to enjoy the content without being required to group or raid. Rewards are nice, but I play for the content more so than the rewards. Gear, on the other hand, is required, in order to progress, so I think the appropriate gear is a definite must.

Once my brigand is level 95 and has better gear, I will try some of these advanced solo's, and hoping I find it possible to do them.
    Rhodris likes this.