Are we there yet?

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Catria, Jan 5, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Catria Guest

Does anyone know how soon we can expect the new EQ2Players site to be launched? Seems to me we were told early in December to expect it "in a week or so"....
  2. ARCHIVED-Calabeth Guest

Seriously? Did you actually expect them to come even close to a deadline they state? I mean he doesnt have the nick name "Smoke Blower" for nothing.

Anything regarding eq2players especially has to be taken with more then a gain of salt. It needs a mind that is willing to forget that once upon a time very useful page ever existed. I'm willing to bet Qeynos revamp, Actually having Erollsi Marr as a Deity to worship ( altar and all ), and DoV pt 2 will be out and done with before eq2players really sees any decent face time again.

I am more then happy to be proven wrong, but by SJ's own words and the long silence and delay since then I'd almost bet one of the items I mentioned will already have come to pass before we see eq2player again.
  3. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

I'll edit this to help preserve your post, it is hard to be positive or neutral, so I'll just say this.
    I have participated in many projects some lasting close to 2 years, many more than 1, more than I can count around 6, time has had to be extended on some of them regardles of length it is imposible to predict the unknown and foresee everything. The one thing that is different is that when we were running behind we explained to the customer that we were running behind and WHY, there was no need to go into great detail but very few customers ever had a problem with it, because we treated them with respect and kept them informed instead of leaving them standing there wondering.
    SOE does not do this and it would go a long way towards establishing good relations with the player base if they did, instead of allowing problems to fester for weeks and months on end.
  4. ARCHIVED-Catria Guest

While I understand the frustration involved (I'm frustrated too), I really don't want this thread to degrade into a flamefest about how we are promised things that either don't happen on time or don't happen at all. I've been playing this game pretty much since it launched so I'm well aware of how things work.
    I'm hoping for some sort of response from someone who actually knows what's going on with this project. I know there are a couple of players who have been helping with the project, too.
    Please try to keep the posts in this thread positive or at least neutral. Thanks!
  5. ARCHIVED-DarkFallingOne Guest

when they said 'early December'.... they meant early December 2012.
    Seriously, I can understand how projects can be delayed..but what I don't understand how they don't keep us informed. I'm sure they read the forums here and yet they ignore the player base.
  6. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Lyssia@The Bazaar wrote:
    I have yet to see the new EQ2Players and I don't know anyone outside of SOE who has. At this point, it's only in my peripheral vision. Of course there should be an official EQ2 Players site to lookup characters, items, and guilds. But I am a firm believer that when you let the data be "free" to fan sites, you'll end up with sites you can only imagine.
    Stay tuned. ;)
  7. ARCHIVED-Banedon_Toran Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    Depends on the quality of the fan site, there is one in particular (not EQ2Wire) which has a habit of opening one or two poker sites everything I visit, and when I made the mistake of registering an email with them I started getting significant number of phishing emails asking me to verify the details of my WoW/Rift/AoC accounts (funny enough the phishers never seem to be after my EQ2 account details). Naturally I since blocked the email address and have had no further rogue emails. That said, if an external website was to manage what Sony has so far failed to achieve I would be very interested, subject to their being no invasive advertising and/or selling on of my email address.
  8. ARCHIVED-eidand Guest

Back in November, SJ told us that they have another team working on this website and they're doing a marvelous job.
    So can we get an update seing as the expected release date is over a month late ?
    Where is this awesome website ?