Are we tailors being punished for some reason

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Cruellia, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Cruellia New Member

I get 120 lumber, 130 metal, 110 ember and 19 plumewit hides from a plant. Why the 6 to 1 disparity? Is it because they inundated us with hides last expansion, we can't use those hides to level in this expansion? Ok, so I decided I will do level 99 quests instead, I do 3 and I don't see my experience go up .1%, so it would take perhaps 2,000 quests to gain a level. I guess I am just not going to bother with a tailor until they fix a few things. Am I missing something. Am I supposed to be out harvesting all day to gain a level the next day? Why am I not having this trouble with any of the other tradeskills.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sigh...yeah. :( Probably because we don't have a staff person focusing on the crafters/decorators and watching out for us, like when we had Domino here. :(

We're working on getting maybe Kaitheel interested in adopting us in Norrathian Homeshow and Test forums, but when he isn't "knee-deep in wallpaper and glue with one hand tied behind his back" in the midst of holidays, he's prepping for the next ones. I'm not sure how much time he has available to spare for anything else. :-/

I get the same "crafting hump" at level 95; I can get to that point fairly easily by doing Rush Writs, but when I ding 95 I'm dead in the water until I do enough TS quests to get to level 96 (if I still have any of those lovely pink and blue XP potions left; those help in so many ways, just wish they were Heirloom so I can pass them along). Then I'm good to go as usual afterwards. Not sure if you folks have that option at that level... :-/

Uwk
  3. Doomravin Well-Known Member

Yes, plumewit hides are an issue

&

Try the altar of malice crafting sig line at level 95 - gives you 2 and a bit levels for about 2 hours work, the far seas tradeskill exp ring, and allows you to do the AoM tradeskill dailies and weeklies which both give massive wodges of tradeskill exp at that level. You'll never need to do writs betweeen 95 and 100 if you just do that expac's dailies and weeklies a couple of times
  4. Earar Well-Known Member

because lairs have meat and hides (other nodes only have one type, Etherium mass don't have the old foam/powder type used by old alchemists and Golden cluster don't have the precious metal type older nodes had)

and strange, the hides come too often per 2 when I harvest ... rarely per 13
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...where does that one start? I may have done it, but wasn't sure which timeline it referred to. ;->

Uwk
  6. Cruellia New Member

The Altar of Malice crafting doesn't help if you have already done it. I was already level 100 when the expansion came out. I did level 100 tradeskill writs to get to 101, but now the only writs that I can do that provide substantial tradeskill experience are ones that require plumewit hides and those are very hard to come by, even having 12 plants and harvesting I can't get enough to keep my tailor busy.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if the guild harvesters/ponies/goblins have any better luck? :-/

Uwk
  8. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

Not with PoP harvests, they can't collect those.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Dammit, that blows. This is the kind of situation, imho, that those things were invented for. :-/

Uwk
    Xillean and Prissetta like this.
  10. Arclite Well-Known Member

yes. not sure why this is not fixed. seems broken. Also the number of lair nodes are less compared to others. Plus the writs require 10 of the hides...
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Is this something from the latest expac? It'll probably take them a while to stomp all the latest bugs. :-/

Uwk
  12. Alenna Well-Known Member

and the root can be gotten from 2 nodes. I've noticed that as well same with the rock fern our provies are going to be in trouble if they have to use rock fern as a main ingredient.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

At least that's holding true to form; we can get Roots from Shrub nodes as well as Root nodes.

Uwk