Are the mercenaries broken?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Luxape, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Luxape Vorh

Hello adventurer,
    I created a new character and immediately hired the mercenary Firus in Qeynos. I took him to Antonica to roast a few mobs, but unfortunately he just stands around or rarely attacks in melee, but no longer casts spells. Is this a known bug that has crept in over the last few months and what do I do about it? The mercenary still worked wonderfully at the beginning of the year.
  2. ZUES Well-Known Member

They've been broken for years. DPS classes (players) gain heavy advantage with their heals. Heal and support players gain nothing. Merc damage, attack speed. accuracy and DPS has always sucked.
    Vexil likes this.
  3. Evilary Well-Known Member

And don't get me started on in combat Rez. They will only use this when they feel like it but will leave you laying there for hours while keeping the boss alive...
  4. Ubai New Member

I got an arcanist merc and he's almost too powerful! Half the time I barely hit anything before he has nuked them to oblivion, not that I am complaining. :p
  5. Zornar Member

I have been using Firus. I order him to attack, and he usually does especially if I attack or get hit.
    I never understood why Mercs don't have an Auto Assist button like my Conjuror's combat pets have.
  6. Evilary Well-Known Member

You probably don't want it. The auto assist I think is just a button to turn on spam. Your pet will stop assisting due to inactivity over and over, while I am killing stuff and using abilities...:oops: