Are the Harvested Rares Used in ToV recipes

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ShalimarTroy, Nov 27, 2013.

1. ShalimarTroy Member

I recently purchased the ToV expansion. I am more of a crafter than adventurer, though I do have five 95th level adventuring toons. I see there are numerous harvesting nodes in the new expansion, but I cannot find any reference to new crafting recipes that use rares.

I am very concerned that the quested gear which are unbelievable compared to two expansions ago and makes anything I can craft look like a pile of crap.

Question: Is the harvested rares even worth any value now at 95th level? Can you craft using the harvest able rares to make gear equivalent to the +200 or more ability gear that is so easily quested for?

I don't want to be resigned to learning recipes from my Tradeskill Apprentice for new gear. Are there books or scrolls for new items for my Woodworker, Jeweler, Tailor, and Weaponsmith?

Any ideas?
  2. Estal Well-Known Member

Spells / CAs still use rares, so those will maintain some value, although with no real level cap raise in years their prices have risen very far below general inflation.

There are some new recipes added through the new lvl 90 books, some are complete junk like the no stats cloak from the 90 adv tailor recipe that uses a rare to craft, Jeweller on the other hand gets 2 ranged items that can actually compete with ToV solo gear, its just luck of the draw depending on class.

There are some other new recipes from ToV, but they mostly require one or the other dropped component as ingredients.

The 92 equipable mc items from 91 - 95 adv books are indeed junk compared to even solo quested gear and as such not even worth looking at.

Also have a look here:
    http://eq2.eqtraders.com/articles/article_page.php?article=g523&menustr=115000000000