Are beta copies disabled?

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Finora, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Finora Well-Known Member

I tried to copy my character from Everfrost to beta & there's no sign of her yet after somewhere close to an hour.

I thought the new copy process was supposed to be nearly instant?

I did have to do a beta from in game since for some reason the little gold beta copy button is not showing at character select if that would affect anything.
  2. Eshaac Active Member

worked for me yesterday.. simple /beta is all I did.. have not tried today...

Eshaac
  3. Cyliena Well-Known Member

I was able to do it yesterday as well. Maybe today's patch on Live messed it up?
  4. oldskool Active Member

Not working for me as well. I did a /beta on several toons yesterday with no joy. I even tried all the old tricks of creating a new character, deleting the characters folder, deleting the logincache folder, and deleting the cfg file that lists my characters.
  5. Tabri Well-Known Member

I cant copy over from AB either I tried yesterday, waited, and now tried again this morning they wiped all my characters off the server so I have none now to test with and Im not using some level 1 toon.
  6. Finora Well-Known Member

Still a no show on my copy =/.
  7. Ucala Well-Known Member

I believe it was said that it works for some, doesn't work for others.
  8. oldskool Active Member

Just remembered an old trick - tried it and it worked!

I was doing the /beta from within cities. I traveled to Nek Docks for one character and Thundering Steepps for another. Did the /beta and they both showed up within minutes.

IIRC, /beta tends to work from open zones and not within cities.
    Deveryn likes this.
  9. Ucala Well-Known Member

was that with /beta not working in the city though? I beta copied all my toons from the cities easy
  10. Tabri Well-Known Member

I put my conjurer in Antonica did /beta and it worked thank you so much Oldskool!! I was in our guild hall and in Qeynos the other times that I tried it.