AoM War Rune mismatch skill requirements

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Sogapa, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Sogapa Active Member

The regular purple adorns are fine. They require 500 adorning to scribe and 500 adorning to craft.

The War Runes in AOM however, require 100 artisan level in order to scribe and 500 adorning in order to craft the items. This needs to be fixed to match. Preferably, they should require 500 adorning in order to scribe and 500 adorning in order to craft.

If you insist on keeping it scribable to 100 artisans, then the recipe itself should use geomancy skill to craft rather than adorning skill.

As it is, it is possible to have characters capable of scribing but not crafting...and on the flip side characters capable of crafting but not scribing, as there is no requirement in game that an adorner also be leveled in any tradeskill.
  2. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Isn't adorning (and tinkering) limited by the crafter's max tradeskill, IE a level 50 crafter, can only reach 250 adorning (and tinkering), or is that another change I missed, or did I miss your point ?
  3. Deveryn Well-Known Member

This is correct. You're not missing anything.
  4. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Phew ! That's good to know ;)
    FriggaWitch likes this.
  5. Sogapa Active Member

Except that isn't true. Adorning and tinkering levels are NOT tied to max tradeskill level and never have been. They are tied to your highest level whether that is tradeskill or adventure. You can max both tinkering and adorning on a level 2 tradeskiller if that toon is a level 100 adventurer.
    Kraeref likes this.
  6. Sambril Well-Known Member

I hadn't really noticed this, but you are correct. My level 100 SK /100 WS with no adorn skill could apparently scribe the War Rune recipe, but not the Mastercraft Runes (I did not actually buy one to test). I suspect this is because the War Runes can be researched with an Apprentice and it may not be possible to restrict that by secondary skill.

But I agree that if you can scribe (or research) a recipe then you should be able to craft it.
  7. Meirril Well-Known Member

Who says you can't craft it with no skill?

The main reason everybody failed the War Rune combines before was because you use to need to purchase the counters. I've requested several times for counters to auto populate instead of needing to be purchased from a vendor. While trying to craft something where you are 500 skill points below con will be difficult, it isn't impossible. I've never made anything with that much disparity in skill, but overcoming a 100 point deficit isn't hard at all.
  8. Sambril Well-Known Member

I totally forgot about that change. You are correct - even with no adorn skill whatsoever I was able to craft a War Rune without issue (on Beta - I was unwilling to blow the ingredients for a test on Live :D)
    Dulcenia likes this.