AOM TS quests for Low Levels

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Guiscard, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Guiscard Active Member

Is it possible to take really low adventure level, but High TS level through the AOM TS quest line?

I find the hardest trick is going anywhere near that tower of Malvnoicus - there are always those floating Sentinels around which are Death to a lowbie.
  2. Rozyn Well-Known Member

I tried on my level 90 and was obliterated by those tower mobs. I have no idea who thought of that 'genius' idea lol, but I wasn't a fan. My lvl 90 SK merc was also destroyed right along with me. After the tower, most of the quests are pretty easy to get around without getting aggro. If you go to Phantom Sea, follow the road on your flying mount and you won't be knocked off, you can pretty much get everywhere you need to go. I would recommend asking a friend to clear the aggro tower mobs for you, but after that step you should be in the clear if you keep your eyes peeled.
  3. Tkia Well-Known Member

I've done it on a level 50. Do the Tower bits on a sunday afternoon/evening when it's really busy and there are plently of adventurers around to keep the mobs down. Other than that just keep your eyes open.
  4. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I've done the tower quests on toons lower than 50. Just pay attention to how the mobs are pathing, and which ones are aggro. There's a safe path to the tower even during off-peak hours.
    FriggaWitch likes this.
  5. Caela Well-Known Member

I've done it on a lvl 24. Just be really careful. It was a lot less stressful/frustrating than the Cobalt Scar timeline.
  6. Tkia Well-Known Member

I usually get a lot of satisfaction from successfully sneaking a low level around in places that they really shouldn't go, but I found the Cobalt Scar quest line so appallingly awful that I still haven't done it on more than one of my 19 crafters :(
    FriggaWitch and Moonpanther like this.
  7. Xianthia Well-Known Member

My lowest level to do the Sunday daily is level 5 and she's yet to die. That said, I also do the quests on a level 13 and 32 and they die more often because eh I'm not being careful. (I have a wide range of level characters :p )

As with any other crafting quests that take place in adventure areas, patience, timing and being alert to your surroundings help a lot. Of course, even with all of that you can still die.

The Cobalt Scar quest line took a lot more patience than AoM.
  8. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I took my lvl 20 toons through it...as long as you can fly where you need to go it's easy peezy
  9. Faeonara Well-Known Member

Problem is you cannot fly at the Tower area at the beginning of quest line only after its completed . The advice given by others to take time and watch pathing of mobs before trying to accomplish goal in this area is correct .
    FriggaWitch and Moonpanther like this.
  10. Azian Well-Known Member

You can't fly at the tower even after finishing the TS line. You only get that by doing a handful of quests in the adventure line. That said, I've also taken characters under level 30 through the TS series without deaths. My personal route on anything to do with the tower for lower level characters is to run from the crafting area and keep slightly to the left side. In other words, not towards the dock side of the tower but the back side instead. There are a couple aggro mobs but most are highly visible and easily avoidable. Then, you pretty much have to hug the tower itself for any harvests. No running up the hills like you might on a high adventure level toon. The respawns are always fast so there is rarely any significant wait time for the clicky harvests we need. Follow the same back side route back and you should be set.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  11. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Correct you cannot fly at the tower...like many have already said, go when the are is busy for that part so the mobs are kept down and then watch the mobs. To get to the area where you can fly, I would either fly way up high from the dock or swim around and climb up the are where flight is allowed. Once done with that you're good to go. Also there is a quest where you have to pick up some notes....those can also be found at the dig site rather then going to the tower to get them.
  12. Tetrol Well-Known Member

There is a safe path to the tower - with two caveats.
    Leaving the main camp, go out the gate, follow the rock wall to where it points towards the tower (there are a few trees at that spot) Look towards the tower - the two aggro mobs have a safe path between them - always. Run between them, and around the left side of the rock/hill. there is a safe path to the base of the tower. You can reach dirt piles from there and that path - you may have to wait for respawns, but no problems.
    The two problems/advice
    1) don't take a merc - they are occasionally stupid and can wander off and aggro a mob.
    2) several times, I have been "trained" by another player - a mob running back to it's leash point has paused momentarily to kill me. This has not been a wandering mob, but one previously chasing a high adventure level character who is just ignoring them. This has also happened to me inside the camp area as well as a mob "unleashes" and turns to run back to it's "patrol" zone
    Moonpanther likes this.
  13. Azian Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that the floating mobs around the tower cast an AE when in combat. I'm not saying you weren't trained but there is at least an equal if not better chance that you were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. Otherwise, you did a better job of trying to explain the route than I did a few posts up. :)
  14. d1anaw Well-Known Member

I was able to get all of my level 80 plus ones through, though I did have a couple of insta deaths on the lower ones. But when I tried my 70 something, there was no way I could do it. They even saw through my invis. I ended up buying a heroic upgrade to get her through it. I'm sure there will be those who will say they got their level 10 through it just as there are those who say they can solo anything in the game. Yeah sure. I still believe you should be able to travel and harvest based on either your TS or adventure level with the same risk as long as you don't engage anything. If you are dumb enough to try to engage a red white harvesting, it's insta death for you. But otherwise if you are just harvesting, you should be able to do that based on your tradeskilll level. There is nothing fun, challenging or exciting about dying without being able to complete a task over and over. And I'm more inclined to say screw it and walk away. If that is the goal, well that can be achieved.
  15. Azian Well-Known Member

I realize you already leveled the character (after using the heroic upgrade) but I just want to point out that if you are depending upon invis/stealth to keep you alive, you are choosing the wrong route. Follow the path that Tetrol noted above and as long as you are aware of your surroundings, you should be able to carefully avoid the aggro mobs. I didn't run any level 10s through but I did have 2 that were in their 40s or lower adventure class that I ran through. I think I died once on one due to my own carelessness around the tower and no times on the other.
    Mermut and Moonpanther like this.
  16. Finora Well-Known Member

You absolutely can. I've run through the questline on almost all my crafters (just got sick of doing it so there are still a couple hanging around I need to run through it). Only 3 of them were level 95 adventurer, only one of those three had gear decent enough to actually fight in AOM without me making a set of crafted. All but one of the others were not only sub 90 but sub 60.

The only issues I had were with those sentinels. Luckily they are brightly colored against the dark area around the tower and if you come in from kind of the back side rather than the front of the tower you can mostly avoid them.

As others said, easier than Cobalt Scar for sure. Heck, I'd say it's easier than doing the Kunark crafting questline (pre-flight).
    Mermut and Moonpanther like this.
  17. Bashem Well-Known Member

AoM is no difference than ToV in doing TS quests. Some are pretty simple and some require learning the right path to use. The most annoying one for me doing with a die on contact toon is getting the bushes in AoM due to the scarcity of the bushes and people grabbing them before you when server is busy with other TS.
  18. Glundar Active Member

I have done it on a number of level 20 toons with no significant issues. I did do it on a number of high level toons first so I knew what to expect.