AoM heroic req. for chanters

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Malianna, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Malianna Member

Hey guys, im in a bit of a problem trying to get into AoM heroics.
    I hit 100 not too long ago and now im stuck as to what to do. Outside of the handcrafted gear I ended up buying (clear upgrades to my bad tov legendaries), is there a certain order to get dragged into heroics? Stat reqs?

For some reason its hard for me as a coercer to even get groups for some reason.
    http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/446679766510 for those curious
  2. Lamatu Active Member

My advice is to run the advanced solos for gear as that will be upgrades to your handcrafted armor. I'm not sure if you unlocked the ability to reforge, but that is a key thing for classes.

As for groups, just run both dino zones including the event heroic if you see PUG's forming. Good jewelry drops in there as well as blue armor.

On Crushbone hardly anyone is doing PUG's except for the dino zones and ossuary resonance, anything higher and it's usually a stacked group needed.

If you don't wanna wait around for a PUG to form, I suggest you make your own PUG. All three dino zones can be done with 75k resists. Any heroic can drop the new mount, as I saw it in Lost Caverns. I assume the new mythical gear is any zone also.

Hopefully after running some PUG's you can add some to friends and when you login send a tell asking to include you if they run anything.

It's my experience that even being fully blue gemmed with three fully gemmed green pieces I still can't get higher groups myself. So make some friends if you wanna run any of the higher heroics in Phantom Sea.
  3. Malianna Member

How long are the adv. solos? I say this because in the past (such as CoE), they were really boring and I was pretty much hitting bosses with exaggerated hp pools as if they were loot pinatas, or at least that's how I remembered them outside of hard modes. They took forever, too.

I'm curious because I get bored easy without some sort of interactivity with other players. EQ2 is a group game after all, right?

Edit: Which zones would be ones to start off with for the solos?
  4. Lamatu Active Member

Just like the Heorics, the first ones to start with is the dino zone. All of the names usually have a script to learn if you're not able to just dps through it.

You're going to need a healer merc for any of these or I suggest you ask in lfg for a healer or tank to run some with you.

This game being 10 years old with a small player base and no cross server dungeon finder implemented yet means finding groups for solo's and heroic's takes some work.

Looking at your eq2wire profile I do see you will not be burning through these zones very fast so the looking for partner option seems best for you.

It sounds like you recently came back to the game and last played CoE? Hopefully you finished the AoM sig line or have started it as that rewards a very nice stat mount and adorn remover ability.