AoM Coercer questions

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Malianna, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Malianna Member

Hey there guys.
    So I ended up going with my coercer, but I want tomake good on damage while also being able to do utility rather well. Is there an aa setup, or rather, should i be full casting or full melee?

Also, I cant seem to pull over 1mil or higher for dps whenever im in groups, im not sure what im doing wrong in that regard.
  2. Ucala Well-Known Member

a link to your toon would give out the best source of advice

http://beetny.com/eq2aa/#GU68;4t011...50330@312010330@3330011t7011a0aa10a@300990011

just a little image of what your AA should be around, there is alot of points that you can exchange a few things around with but the bases should be pretty solid among all coercers (personal choice is I added some defense in the dragon tree to help you live with all the extra points I had).

as far as keeping up dps, you really just have to hit your 2/3 debuffs (tash/psyche and that other one). and mostly just your reactives (hostage, DM, spell curse, and ether balance). those will be your biggest dps stuff (DM macroed to always cast it on yourself too).
    as well as blinding shock since that move is OP nowadays.

to really max your dps you will kinda have to joust around alot as a chanter, as you will receive good dps being close enough to shockwave your mobs (and double shockwave if it resets), but then you want to try and get 15-20m out to cast Urda prestige ability, cause it grows in dps the farther you are away (capping at 20m).
    you should probably use a ranged weapon as your dps item (esp now with the jousting of urda).
    you should learn what moves you can cast while moving alot to help your jousting, as I know you can cast your shadow AA tree deaggro on the move, and ether balance. so I would cast those on your jousts in/out for urda

and your stats should be the same as basically any other toon nowadays.

600 dps
    114 MA
    100 reuse
    68 recovery
    around 20k ability mod (will depend on your gear set).
    pot/cb as high as you can.
    and around 150% casting speed (100 if you need stats in other places).
    whatever is left can go in AE auto.
    and naturally, CC the required amount
  3. Wellknownmember Active Member

Note that one of the AA trees (sorcerer?) has an ability to double your weapon range if you want to stay in melee. Melee range is 10m (I don't actually know, I am observing when my melee stops, it's around 9 or 10m), doubling it makes it go out to 20. However, you still have to move IN to shockwave, if you do that. Depends on what you think is more comfortable for you. Chanters have traditionally been melee, but now I'm not certain. My ranged weapons seem to do more damage than my melee staff, but only slightly, so it's a tossup.
  4. Ucala Well-Known Member

melee range is 10m you are right, but it hard caps well before 20m, although I forget the range. low teens for sure
  5. Nolus Well-Known Member

I'm using ranged weapon. Seems to work ok. Urda and that other 10 meter AOE help a bit, mimicry. I usually hit 1-1.5 mill even if I don't fire mimicry. Turning on the range in the UI helps with maximizing damage.
  6. Ucala Well-Known Member

you should be hitting 1-1.5mil if all you do is auto and mimicry nowadays!
    Wickedss likes this.
  7. Nolus Well-Known Member

Working on it :)
  8. Wellknownmember Active Member

I've been playing my coercer a lot more than usual lately. I'm really enjoying it. But I'm not an expert. What is "mimicry"? I don't seen to have anything named exactly that. Unless maybe it's getting late in the night or morning...whatever... and I'm too tired to notice (*shameface*)

Also, this "hard cap" you mentioned, is it different if you have a two hander VS a dagger? I can see how that would make sense, but also it would make for a lot of math hell. I guess I'll have to play with a dummy and find out? Or is there a simpler way to know where the cap is?
  9. Wellknownmember Active Member

Oh I found it, Temporal Mimicry... It wasn't on my hotbar, I had to rebuild those recently and it must have gotten lost.

I read somewhere else that mimicry doesn't always copy everything, so you should cast it on yourself. Do you know if it will copy the pet damage and puppetmaster damage too? Since I can only use it once every couple of minutes, for 12 sec, I'm seeing that as a very temporary buff, not a "damage doubler." Seems like I should cast it near the end of combat if I want to look good on parses (ugh, save me from parse worship, but still..).

Wondering how much testing I'll have to do to get good at knowing what to use after Temporal Mimicry.
  10. Ucala Well-Known Member

I never fully tested it cause I no longer play and was really only playing with beta.
    I read somewhere that it got revamped though alot and stuff.
    Things I know, mimicry will copy your blinding shock AoE (which is amazing), it will copy Pystic trauma (also amazing) but not reactives iirc. and that is reactives for any class, so stuff like FB from a wizzy, won't get copied. Elemental blast won't get copied cause the conjs pet casts it and not the conj (although if you mimic their pet, it might idk.)
    I always found it best to cast it on myself cause than I can stack it with things I know (blinding shock etc) and received great results (easily around 1 mil dps from it).
    although if you know a chain is coming (like if you are an illy and just casted TW) it is good to place it on a wizzy or something cause they should be casting their big stuff right than (if they are any good).

I personally was gonna run it with 2 macros, one to myself and one to another person and just go from there on best guesses
    if the person knows their class well and you can know when they will cast big stuff, it will pay off, if not just stick with yourself and it still won't be that bad.

also no, the cap on melee is the same if you are 1h or 2h.
    Wellknownmember likes this.
  11. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Ucala, FB is copied. Or at least whatever goes with it in their rotation. My dps goes through the roof when my wizzy I target in raids casts FB. It's now hard to figure what is it when devs changed the way it works. Before I was able to read logs to see what spell was copied, now it has a general name of TM.

I just need to figure out or ask Mogrim which spell I need to copy from a warlock :)
  12. Ucala Well-Known Member

it must have been changed since beta for that. cause I remember it not being copied at the first state. all the same my statement is still pretty much the same
  13. Rebelde Active Member

I had a melee raiding coercer for years, but I see a lot of coercer going to casting and spell doublecast. Anyone have test it in AoM? In your experience, what do you suggest? Going to Flurry+CC / Flurry mixed pot-CB / doublecast / Doublecast+CB-pot?...

Thank you
  14. Elinea Well-Known Member

I currently raid with my coercer. Just for testing purposes, I went with doublecast spec to see how it stood up to other coercers in my raid. I have to say there isn't much difference in the amount of dps I do vs. the flurry spec, as the other coercer in my raid force stayed with flurry and we run pretty much even. I do tend to come out on top with ranged fights and mass AE fights, and I use our raid's ranger and swash for mimicry since they are the ones consistently on top of the parse, and I don't have to worry about timing.

I am averaging around 4 million on fights that don't have a lot of adds, and 6-9 million on fights with a metric crap-ton of adds. I try to stay around 19 meters away from mobs for using Unda, and I have to move in for Shockwave, so it's a little bit of a dance. Everything is an experiment though, and also consider personal play style. I raided as a cleric for years (both EQ and EQ2) so it was a challenge for me to remember to get into melee range all the time.
  15. Ucala Well-Known Member

I haven't crunched numbers on it. So mine is just guesses and stuff. (good guesses though I think).
    although flurry is good, I think SDA is better. since blinding shock can SDA, can shockwave? I forget but I want to say no.
  16. Ucala Well-Known Member

Also want to add that SDA boosts your Urda,
    blinding shock+urda > flurry
  17. vinu New Member

Just to be clear, FB itself is not copied in Mimicry. That said, Kraeref is still correct that this is the right time when you want to mimic your wizard/warlock because they should be working with their illy to maximize their burn damage for the 10 second build up of FB and you will be copying all of their other damage.
    Kraeref likes this.
  18. Ranga Active Member

Yes Shockwave can DA.
  19. Ucala Well-Known Member

well dang, I said that way earlier, that if they are casting FB to cast it on them.
    no one ever reads what I write