AoE's break mezz?

Discussion in 'Coercer' started by ARCHIVED-Verdemyst, Dec 20, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Verdemyst Guest

I have read this in another post, and wanted further clarification. Sometimes it gets so hairy mezzing group of mobs it's hard to tell what has and has not broken mezz, and why.
    so, question is : are there some AoE's that don't break mezz.? I read someone else say that aoe's causing damage after mezz, won't break...i'm not for sure, but i feel pretty sure mezzes have broken when someone casts damage aoe. It's a challenge to keep track of all the variable that effect mezz, and hard enough to get group to play right, so is hard to "experiment " with different tactics. thanks in advance,

Demion, Coercer22 on Befallen
  2. ARCHIVED-Padien Guest

Green icon AoE's (all caster AoE's) will not hit a mob that is mez'ed, though DoT's will continue to tick if mez'ed after it was landed.

Blue icon AoE's (most melee AoE's) will hit all mobs in the area, mez'ed or not, grouped or not.

I do this a lot, many times a night, so this first hand experience and it's also listed on the web for reference.
    Message Edited by Padien on 12-20-2004 12:24 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-Verdemyst Guest

just to clarify:
    but green aoe's allready in place will not allow mob to me mezzed, right?
  4. ARCHIVED-Padien Guest

Any DoT on the mob (green or not) that is still ticking away on the mob will continue to tick after the mez lands and break mez due to doing damage to the mob. If the AoE dot is landed after it's mez'ed, the dot will never land on it.
  5. ARCHIVED-Good Tony Bad Tony Guest

here's a problem i have noticed though: sometimes the mage AoE heroic opportunity will strike rooted/mezzed targets, which naturally cancels the effect. standard casted AoE's however do not. i think it's a slight oversight on SOE's part and i have /bugged it.