AoD Beta - can't get in?

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Wiou, Oct 25, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Wiou Guest

I've got a few emails to sign up for the beta. I've followed up on both of them, one of them confirmed I was in beta, and that SoE would "Take it from there."
    Now, maybe im wrong but I assumed something would be going on immediately, an email or a link or something but it's been a day now, and nothing.
    The beta isn't much longer, and i'd like to participate. How do I enroll in it?
  2. ARCHIVED-Mascouti Guest

Sounds like they sent that out to everyone.
  3. ARCHIVED-Ragnaphore Guest

"Public" Beta isn't up yet.
    First batch of Beta invites will be send the 27th.
  4. ARCHIVED-Wiou Guest

OK, so no one's in the beta yet?
  5. ARCHIVED-kdmorse Guest

They do this every year.
    A) They post signup information
    B) You signup
    C) A few days later you get a "Check out EverQuest II Age of Discovery Beta", "Beta is Live", "Get in the Beta Now!"
    D) You think the beta is live, and you can get in now. But on closer rereading, it's just a reworded email blast of A)
    Wiou wrote:
    I suspect the Closed Closed beta has been going on for a short while, and *someone* is in (although the server still shows as Locked). It's the Open Closed beta most of us are waiting for.
  6. ARCHIVED-Greenmist Guest

That email was a poorly-worded reminder to make sure you've accepted the NDA.
  7. ARCHIVED-Nolrog Guest

Wiou wrote:
    That e-mail (and the confirmation on the beta sign up) are worded wrong an confusing.
    You were accepted into the queue to be part of the beta, not into the beta itself.
  8. ARCHIVED-Wiou Guest

9. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

If it works like last time, you will get a letter with a link to the Beta download when you are really accepted.
  10. ARCHIVED-Gladiolus Guest

Nolrog wrote:
    It's their security system so you know it's genuine SOE mail.
  11. ARCHIVED-shadowscale Guest

bit annoyed, went to fan fair and no invite...
  12. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

13. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Nolrog wrote:
    How is this confusing?
    "
    Thank you for registering for the EverQuest II® Age of Discovery™ beta. Beta testing is important to each product launch, and your offer to help is greatly appreciated. Currently, beta is scheduled to begin on in late October and is expected to end during the last week before expansion launch. Exact dates are subject to change.
    If you are selected to participate in the EverQuest II® Age of Discovery™ beta, an acceptance email will be sent to this email address.
    "
    That seems quite straight forward to me.
  14. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Banditman wrote:
    The header of the e-mail is "Welcome to the EverQuest II: Age of Discovery Beta" which suggests more than it should. You are being welcomed to something you aren't yet and may never be a part of -- the Age of Discovery beta. Many people are never accepted or only accepted in the last few days of the Beta.
    Don't worry. The subject line of these e-mails has been confusing -- leading to hundreds of tech support petitions and e-mails -- for going on 7 years now. Every year we bring it up and every year the same e-mails go out with just the expansion name changed.
    FYI, an accurate e-mail subject line would be: "EverQuest II: Age of Discovery Beta Signup Confirmation".
  15. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

Yep, you would think that after all these years they would get this right.
  16. ARCHIVED-Gladiolus Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    SOE should pay you to translate their communications
  17. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest