Anyone have a melee warden AND a dps-specced fury?

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-SunTzu1972, Jul 1, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-SunTzu1972 Guest

I know there are 250,000 topics about warden vs. fury, and even some that are melee warden dps vs. fury dps. In none of them could I find someone answering that legitimately had both characters and have played them fairly recently with all of the nerfs/buffs etc. that might make a difference in today's game.
    I'm looking for someone that has played both melee warden AND dps fury, preferably to high level, that can state definitively the differences between the classes in regard to DPS. I don't need to hear the healing argument as I understand the mechanics behind that already. I wouldn't mind hearing about any possible mitigation or other combat-related differences.
    For a frame of reference, I'm going to be duoing almost exclusively with a Brigand and it's unlikely we'll ever see raid content, but I'm sure we will group with other random folks when we can. If you feel it helps to cater to that fact, that is great. I appreciate any advice you can offer. Incidentally, he is level 15 and both my warden and fury are 15....I just need to choose.
  2. ARCHIVED-Marbus Guest

I'm not sure mine are high enough but I'll give it a shot.

I have a 53 Fury that is DPS specced and a 43 Warden that is Melee specced and here is what I can say. :)

The Fury does more damage than the Warden most of the time and that is simply due right now to the time it takes to be able to cast / CA again. The fury has more damage spells it seems while with a melee specced Warden I only have 4 right now at 43.

That being said, both do very good damage and the warden can take more damamge by far. I duo her with a Paladin and we have no problems running through blue/white (and some yellow) heroics w/o issue.

I play the Fury with a Dirge, she can't tank as well as the Paladin but between the two of them, things die very fast. With the Dirge mana regin and the fury we were killing 59s/60s in LFay with no down time (dirge just hit 57).

Both are equipped with Mastercraft armor etc... and the Warden is using a level 40 Legnedary 2H Hammer.

Truly, you can't go wrong with either IMHO, they are both a lot of fun to play, much more so than my 31 Templar or 17 Mystic.

Marb
  3. ARCHIVED-azurite Guest

I have a 55ish melee warden. I can solo while ^^^ heroics. The giants in the sinking sands for example. IMO thats harder to do than with a ^^^ mob as theyre all weaker individually, meaning ur diminishing hteir damage everytim u kill 1, and their weaker hits set off my heal procs. Melee warden is golden. U can spike out DPS and heal while your specials cd. For the record i have 6 attacks not 4. U also get perma 50% speed with a 50% burst move which is real nice
  4. ARCHIVED-greenmantle Guest

SunTzu1972 wrote:
    Betrayed my fury at 75 to make a melee speced warden so same char ad3 for spells on both almost the same equipment biggest diff i found was tha solo target dps went way up on the melee warden but the lack of storm and ring of fire hurt the dps on multiple targets. Biggest difference i have found is on tough mobs especially kunark i was getting resisted a lot on the fury and its a pain to cast 4 spells to only see one stick, warden fabled weapon nice haste and good melee equipment you almost do respectable dps ;)
    Both heal well, the fury perhaps has a slight edge on that, im not sure why but just seemed to use less mana than as a warden. loss of invis was a pain but i assume Brigs can smuggle, evac is nice to have but not that big a bonus when your grouping with a scout.
  5. ARCHIVED-DyftReborn Guest

There is absolutely no way what so ever that a fury will have an edge on healing over a warden. If anything, the fury has the edge on DPS.
    Aside from that a Warden with their epic SHOULD NEVER run out of power at all EVER.
  6. ARCHIVED-gqwild Guest

Commenting on a post that is two years old? lots have changed since then.
    you should role a necro, sence your able to pull an old post like that back from the dead.