Anyone Else Tired of Tank Classes Outdamaging Assassins/Casters

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by ARCHIVED-Kimirahi, Jan 22, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Kimirahi Guest

I'm a lvl 50 Assassin and all the tanks I group with can all outdamage me by 50-100 dps. Excluding guardians. So they get to tank, heavy armor, and palis get heals. On top of that they have the best DPS in the game. Now there's just something wrong with that.
    There's an easy fix for this, and that is to give our 3 main DD attacks a faster reuse. Talking about condemning blade, assassinate and Bloodthirster. I don't want a nerf to tanks, but I want a buff to assassins, anyone else seeing this flaw in the game?
    (This problem only starts being obvious after lvl 42+)

Message Edited by Kimirahi on 02-11-2005 10:30 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-BoneMan Guest

well reues timer increase for sure on the 5 min recast.. thats to much time to wait.. also when you are 50 you have to wait 3600 seconds to use a big damage spell which is more like a fluff spell because u have to wait an hour to use it again..

Who cares if you can outdamage everone once an hour.. our whole points of being a scout class is to do it every fight.. not once an hour.. recast timeer on assassination should be 3 to 4 min .. not 1 hour.. and our condeming blade line lowerd to 1 minute.. considering it does low damage also.. .

Bigest thing that i see wrong is this

My Adept3 bloodthirster and adept 3 punch blade do the same or less damage as murderous blade which was only app3... So what gives.. These are obiviously broken

other spells lingerblow... infected wound.. and garrote all look like they are underdamage from where they should be..

Major problems like the previous poster said..... Zerkers and monks and even Shadowknights can outdamage us.. conistantly doing upwards of 300 dps .. vs our mesly 110 to 140..

I feel like quiting every day becuase this game is catered to crafters

I cant even barly get over a few plat then im back down to 30 gold after buying spells..

At 50 there is no way to earn money short of spending countles hours hopeing i get a rare which i cant sell anyway becuase my guild will need it.. So where does that leave me? Broke ..

Take up crafting.. hell no.. so dam boring..

Adventures need sources of income.. better loot or sellable items to venders upwards of 20 to 30 gold.. or how the hell can we fund ourselves..

Sony you need to rethink this game or many will leave ...... Stop centering your upgrades on Spells .. No one can see if you have a better spell so theres no AWE FACTOR... in eq one we coudl see the improved armor adn weapons beacuse everything was more unique... EVery class had specific armor that was made for them.. VS the way it is now that everyoen can wear pretty much any amor that is .. heavy medium etc.. this is the easy way out.. the most boring way .. and thats why sony chose it... so they coudl save time.... Assassins need better weapons to keep up with tanks using the CRook.. .. WE dont have items that can compair to this dps.. which is unfair.. where are our items.. and spells that do good damage.. atm we have none

All items are exactly the same with a few minor plus and minus stats here and there.. how boring.. make stats meaning full and not go overboard on each stat and just increase the numbers......every tier..

No one wants to use the same spell line for all 50 levels.. they are the most boring thing you coudl have thought of... Where is the originality like EQ1.. This game needs some help and i dont mind sharing my ideas but they seem never to be read or responded to.. I have so many more but no one seems to care.
  3. ARCHIVED-Valkhar Guest

Both of these posts just blow my mind. Hold on, let me get some cheese for your whine.
  4. ARCHIVED-Kimirahi Guest

Are you an Assassin? If not and you're a tank I'm not clalling for a tank nerf at all. Just a big increase in Assassin/Wizard/Warlock DPS. It's badly needed if you actually played the game, and ran combat stats all the time.
  5. ARCHIVED-soravok Guest

You must suck at playing your assassin, I have none of these problems. Please don't post stupid things and waste the legitimate part of the assassin comunities time.
  6. ARCHIVED-BiggilusEQ2 Guest

hes probably using apprentice 1's or something, i find it very hard to believe this post
  7. ARCHIVED-Warusha Guest

stop running parsers and just play the [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] class
  8. ARCHIVED-SoloranFirebayne Guest

as an assassin i don't find this to be the issue at all
    I have a problem not taking agro, so i know i do more damage
  9. ARCHIVED-BoneMan Guest

BTW I have adept3s on almost all the good spells.. level 49 punch blade...Bloodthirster etc... and they do less or the same damage as the older spells i had when i was level 30s... So I know what im talking bout..... Our spells are broke
  10. ARCHIVED-batter_then_u Guest

i see thr problem here you just should have made a brigand instead so much better with ruse and other brigandish things...

assassins suck
  11. ARCHIVED-Sarevhok Guest

i can outdamage anyone if i try hard enough. its not that hard to do just need a good weapon.

thats kinda what we are made for, annihalating(sp?) single mobs.
  12. ARCHIVED-Kimirahi Guest

I see you guys posting that are calling me [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] are still under 40. Which I should have said In my orginal post, at higher lvls tanks are the kings of DPS*. You'll notice around lvl 42+ you will lose to a zerker/sk/pali around your lvl. If you don't it's when condemning blade is up.

It's not that I suck at my class, I am considered a very "skilled" assassin and I burn the mobs HP as fast and efficient as I can. I will enjoy reading your guys [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] post if changes have not been made, by the time you're around my level!
  13. ARCHIVED-batter_then_u Guest

i have never seen a assassin/ranger out damage me i am a brigand so there hahaha they do to suck..
  14. ARCHIVED-WhispersEdge Guest

Ive been saying this forever Kimir, and those are the same responses I get. We obviously don't know how to play our class /yawn.

Batter, yea I haven't been able to group with a 50 brig yet but 50 Swashes are usually around the same damage. It's easy to see how bruisers are outdamaging us when you just look at the max weapon damage. Look up a pristine t5 ebon mace versus a sabre or other poker of similar delay. The max damage is around 30-40 per hit less, considering how much normal melee dmg is a part of overall damage that adds up to a huge amount, especially in long fights when you are out of power.
  15. ARCHIVED-Sarevhok Guest

isnt that what our poisons are supposed to cover? but ive heard that 40+ poisons are resisted alot so i guess thats a moot point.
  16. ARCHIVED-soravok Guest

Uhhh I'm level 44, I think I know what I'm talking about. I have none of the issues you're talking about so please... Stop whining and start playing.
  17. ARCHIVED-WhispersEdge Guest

Well, first off, I havent had poison land on anything that was green or higher since about lvl 40. Secondly, weapon damage counts each hit, poison doesn't come close to comparing to how much weapon damage we lose every time we score a hit, but yes the resists are a big problem. I'm fine with bruisers doing the damage they do, I just think most scout classes should be doing a lot more than we are now comparatively. I think once the devs take a look at the damage between classes they will be pretty surprised at how far scouts are laggging behind, especially assassins and rangers, who are the most offensive (no pun intended) of the bunch.
  18. ARCHIVED-Oidan Guest

So this is level 40+ ? I cant comment on that just quite yet but in the 30's my data is not showing this. Do you use your bow skills? Just asking .
  19. ARCHIVED-Molak Guest

Im sorry but if someone brings an issue to the board they think is legit you dont [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot]ing flame them for it moron, just read it and make your own mind up, if it is an issue, lets hope the devs see it and do something about it, if not then nothing will be done. Personally i have heard many assassins 45+ complain about this and the fact that c
    urrently a good zerker will out tank and out dps all scouts at 50.
    I can certainly see a divide already at 30 while killing crabs on EL beach, seeing as my frontal dps isnt that good and my tanking is nowhere near as good as bruisers i have alot more downtime then my lvl 29 bruiser friend who chews through them with ease.
  20. ARCHIVED-Molak Guest

In the above post forget to add that imo we are crap soloers due to us requireing position for max dps, surely we should make up for this with far greater dps then tanks. Big hits every 5 minutes does not make a DPS class imo, we need high sustained dps.