Anyone else slightly miffed that BL will be able to grandmaster pets?

Discussion in 'Conjuror' started by ARCHIVED-Eetog, Dec 2, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Eetog Guest

I've heard that the standard pet is about like the enchanter pet. It will account for alot of damage though and is in the official "Pet" oriented class with conjys and necros.
    However, if they're able to grandmaster their pets, that closes the gap further. We're going to see scout or any other T1 dmg from a pet class when T1 DPS is insane to get without perma-raids. I actually like the questing portion of Everquest. :)
    I haven't seen the numbers and I'm holding off buying the xpac until I see what they can do. I don't want an EQ1 BL again... ugh.
    Not a troll, but opinionated. Can anyone who grandmastered their BL pet give us some comparison to say the 90 mastered mage / fighter pets?
    Thanks!
    T.
  2. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Flat out, BL's are T1 DPS. They are supposed to deal damage. That's the official party line, whether you like it (or I like it).
    Frankly, Summoners are in trouble. Not because of where they are, (which is actually in a good place) but because of where BL's are.
  3. ARCHIVED-Eetog Guest

Yeah, I'd figure they'd be T1. They were the best and most diverse class in EQ1, so why not here too?
    Scouts don't want another T1 DPS class, healers want more healers and you can never find a dedicated tank when you need to. The answer? Make another T1 DPS class that will make everyone feel inferior.

It's sad that all the state of things. 50 bucks for an x-pac that's a GU with a class that will imbalance the game and demoralize paying players and current players alike.
    :(
  4. ARCHIVED-Mohee Guest

I wish they would just make our other pets useful. Not just the mage pet.
    1: Make Aery Hunter actually use his abilities as much as the mage pet.
    2: Make all pets INT based for their damage increase. yeah, i know this doesn't make sense for a scout, tank, or heal pet to be using INT to increase its damage, but they either need to make all pets int & sta, or they need to add back on Str, Agi, and Wis back on to caster gear, and I dont see that ever happening :p
    3: If i can attack my implied target, why can't my pet?!!?! grrrr.... I'm tired of running into this everywhere I go!!!
    My guess is none of these things will ever get fixed. Leave it to SOE to just create new stuff (like the Beastlord) in hopes people will forget about the stuff thats still broken :p
  5. ARCHIVED-Ragnaphore Guest

Mohee wrote:
    They are since DoV launch.
    As for BL getting Grandmaster pet... /shrug. Summoner's Master pet + Epic buff = Grandmaster.
  6. ARCHIVED-Archae Guest

BL's are Scouts, shouldnt they be T1 DPS? If not then what? They dont exactly sound like a support class.
    Now maybe Conjy/Nec pets need another pass to give them some more dps loving, but honestly, where does it all stop?
    Every expansion makes it so you can go back and two man or solo group content in the previous one
  7. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Archaegeo@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Bards are Scouts. Why aren't they T1 DPS?
    You say they don't "sound" like a Support class? Really? Have you looked into a BL? They have a more diverse set of utility than ANY of the existing "utility" classes. They have to sacrifice some DPS to get there, YES. Fortunately for them, when they DO sacrifice that DPS, the utility they provide actually WORKS and is NEEDED and WANTED.
    Healing? Yep. They can do that. Power regen? Sure thing.
    YES YES YES, Healers and Enchanters do it better. The point is that BL's CAN do it, do it well enough that in a pinch they can fill in. They can be a backup healer. They can be a power regen for their group. Yet for some reason, it would make Summoners overpowered if they were able to do those things.
    I absolutely do NOT get it.
  8. ARCHIVED-Suppler Guest

I'm all for empowering summoners (necro in my case) even more, but...
    I feel like I'm getting away with murder already, on both the mage and tank pets. The scout pet is eternally useless, except for the appearance of the L60 vamp chicky. Of course it takes pretty much takes all 300 AAs to get that way, but you can get that way none-the-less.
    Except for pre-Xpac Norrath, I've frequently felt that congy's are more powerful than necro's, but I like the necro motif a lot more, so... But for the last several expansions and especially Velious, I feel that we are so powerful that we need to fly under the radar to avoid the nerf bat!
    It's hard to know what to say about Beastlords. They were the great equalizer of EQ1 or so people tell me. The assumption is that introducing them into a game this late that's had no new classes ever would create a permanent imbalance because they were designed for Velious combat. Whether that will be true here remains to be seen. I'm not upset that they can GM a pet when they're effectively useless without a pet (whereas we are not).
    We can always make a BL if we want to try one. The only thing that might upset me is that of perception. Much like I consider only brawlers to be true feigners, I have always considered summoners to be the only true pet masters. I don't wish to be seen as 2nd fiddle.
  9. ARCHIVED-Eetog Guest

Never better said, and I agree with alot of this.
    1. We should be pet masters. Necros in their way, conjys in their way. I have a level 90 of both and find them entertaining. To have some flashy new upstart come and take the T1 DPS slot, having the utility to pinch hit any portion of the classes while being the contested pet master.... that was exactly what I disliked about them in EQ1. Different game, I know, but it's the same implimentation. Along comes the new beloved class capable of doing everything.
    2. Heal, or mana regen, or T1 DPS - whatever you want? Actually offends me, TBQH. To hint at dynamic, interesting, game changing fun and with the ability to do whatever you want.... why not change everyone to BLs.
    3. No longer required to pay to play, but for those of us who have had subscriptions for year, we have no option to do so or we lose all the masters, gear and everything we all worked so hard to get.
    4. (Not my issue, but was mentioned) F2P folks getting into raid groups and healing the tanks with adept 1 versions of spells. Not fair for the raider, or the F2P people, but perhaps tolerable for light groupers. You'll never know what kind of healer if you PUG. Will they be able to keep you alive? Guess you'll find out.
    And let's be honest, the only two scout classes considered T1 DPS is Assassin and Ranger. Now you have Mr. Beastlord that can do that when another T1 DPS was probably not what we needed.
    I guess it's time to vote with my dollars. I'm giving them 2 weeks to see how to pans out and see what's gonig down, and make the decision accordingly. Personally, I feel slighted.
    I hope AoD turns out to be fantastic, and may you all find something worthwhile in it. I'm not going to hold my breath though.

Tog
  10. ARCHIVED-Mohee Guest

Ragnaphore wrote:
    Really?
    Because just a few days ago I possessed all my pets. The Earth pet is STR/STA, the Scout pet is AGI/STA, and the Hydromancer is WIS/STA, and of course the mage is INT/STA.
    Now, as a conj in a mix of EM/HMx4 gear, I have about 20-30 str, agi, wis. but over 2.8k INT/STA. So the fact that my other stats are almost non-existant, and all the other pets but the mage use the other stats, makes them useless.
    Possess your minions and check again, because if i'm the only summoner that has pets that use other stats, i'd like to know so I can petition and get it fixed. Thanks
    :)
  11. ARCHIVED-skuext Guest

i always wanted a DRAKE as pet , hell a fire drake will be an awesome fire pet ><
    BL can change how their pet looks anytime !

the synergy btw the master and pet is amazing :(

is like putting everything i wanted for my conj on another class , i still prefer being a caster + pet but oh well