Anyone else have this problem?

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Fladar, Dec 5, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Fladar Guest

At the moment I am a level 21 Warlock. It seems to me that no one ever wants a Warlock, they always want a Wizard because the Wizard can do more upfront damage. This is getting very annoying I get booted out of groups constantly for Wizards my level or one or 2 higher than me. Just wondering if anyone else has this problem or it is just me lol.
  2. ARCHIVED-Vreck Guest

"Booted out" as in you have joined the group, killed x number of mobs and then they kick you out to invite a wizard instead? That's an instant blacklist of all the groups members if you ask me. Not at all everyday business for warlocks, I can assure you.
  3. ARCHIVED-Nothin2d00 Guest

If they boot you out for a wizard I'd never group with them again... It gets better at 23, that's when you get your increased DPS because of Dark Distortion.

20-22 is rough b/c wizards will outdamage you... hang in there it's getting better for me as I level. 23 is the sweet spot. I got an adept Dark distortion and it the nuke went from 150-200 to 250-350dmg.
  4. ARCHIVED-Fladar Guest

Thanks heh. Im glad it gets better becuase this is rough.
  5. ARCHIVED-Riklaunim Guest

I dont have this problem...
  6. ARCHIVED-Fizzle032 Guest

I am only 19 atm but I find it difficult to find any groups. There have been times when I go for an hour+ LFG and just run around harvesting or killing solo mobs. The groups I do get in love the extra dmg - I just don't think sorcerers(wizard/warlock) are a high demand class.
  7. ARCHIVED-Ubain Guest

Hey just hit warlock today,

w00t
    I doubt that will happen alot - besides from what i hear is that wizards are overpowered atm and un balanced...i know it will take some time to sort out, but still at least it wont be like that forever...

Im very happy i went warlock - as there is hardly any warlocks compared to wizards

I like being a bit different :) makes it more fun

:)
  8. ARCHIVED-Junaru Guest

Thats not cause of your class it's more cause of your level.. I found that L19 is a pain cause you are pretty much too high for BB yet not really high enough for SH, CoB or TS.. It's kind of that middle area.. Head to the Scarecrow fields and ask groups there..
  9. ARCHIVED-Nirvy Guest

20-23 is a kinda purgartory for Warlocks. You dont get your new DD spells, nor the debuffs/Curses or the new DoT's.

By the mid twenties you will have two new DD spells which far outdamage anything you have so far.

that said i never have or had many problems finding a group.
    Message Edited by Nirvy on 12-07-2004 06:25 AM
  10. ARCHIVED-Narenek Guest

Same i've never really had big problems finding groups. Sure you'll get days where everybody is either grouped or looking for a specific class say healer but thats life.

I've also never seen people ask for wizards over warlocks it's always "lf DPS" and provided i'm quick on the tells they'll take me.

One of the best (if short lived due to patch) groups i've had was tank, healer, 2 warlocks and 2 wizards in nek AEing the cr4p out of wisps :smileyhappy:

Once you hit 23 and get Dark Distortions dps increases a lot.. and i find a combo of Dark distortion, freeze, suffocating breath and freezing whorl usually puts a major dent in anything i take on.

Narenek
    24 Warlock
    Runnyeye
  11. ARCHIVED-Kamikazie Guest

Heya, I'm a 25 Warlock on Faydark and the only time I have trouble finding a group is when I am up at midnight and all of the 12-18 people on the servers are grouped.
  12. ARCHIVED-Arsenal Guest

As mentioned already, it gets a lot better at 23+

20-23 is a tough time for Warlocks. I hit 23 this weekend and had a Dark Distortion waiting to use right when I leveled. The group I was with couldn't believe the difference it made after I leveled. They were calling for me to be nerfed :)
  13. ARCHIVED-Markacqua1 Guest

If you're getting kicked out of any group, I'd say it was more a personality thing than a damage thing. I've never been kicked out of a group. Maybe its cuz I talk alittle and try to make this fun, not just a grind.
    I'm not saying that they must not have liked you, but this is just my experience with groups.
  14. ARCHIVED-Attrius Guest

I haven't seen any Wizards do anything special in any of the groups I've been in. I've built a bit of a repoire with some people coming up through the levels and dn't have a problem finding healers or tanks for those more juicy fights and zones.

If anyone were to boot me out to invite a wizard, they'd be on my **mods 4 teh win!!1!**list and I hold grudges like a goddamn elephant.
  15. ARCHIVED-Eddy9015 Guest

i just got warlok and i noticed that people won't let me in gorups as much because theres a wizard in there or something.
    i dont really mind tho.

there loss :smileyvery-happy:
  16. ARCHIVED-Nytshade Guest

Never been kicked out of group for not being a wizard. In fact a lot of people like to team with me because I'm easy going. Grouped with wizards my same level and they hit for maybe 5% more on average, which at 20 we're pretty much using the same spells. Sometimes I think it depends on the server, when I was on Antonia Bayle it seemed like a lot of seasoned EQ1 folks so playing my enchanter I was never without a group. Since warlock is a newer class that no one has quite figured out the ins and outs they're going with the tried and true wizard. It'll take time for folks to figure out the true power of the warlocks, which I think we are a group friendly nuker and debuffer. The groups I've been in seem to appreciate the mixture.

Just my .02$ worth.

Nyyt
  17. ARCHIVED-Xellen Guest

Well, I'm now a 27 Warlock and I don't even ask for groups. I put on LFG and usually within a minute or two I've been invited to a group. You have to have a smart group to know the benefit of the warlock. If you have someone that is wanting a wizard over a warlock point out to them that most creature resists are more heavily based on cold/heat... hmmm... that's not our specialty is it? So that would be a benefit. Also our debuff/DOTs are quite nice when upgraded. It's nice to see 100+ damage every couple of seconds tick off as I nuke for around 450 to 500. I can usually just stick with DD as filling with anything else during spell recharge duration pulls agro. We are always good for stunning a mob hell bent on taking out the caster. You just have to know your class and play your role well to make it known what an asset a warlock is. Most people in Nek Forest have realized this already and as such I would assume that is why I don't have any problems getting groups. Just my 2 cents.