anyone be super nice and say how Public Quests work in new expansion ?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Aran Anar, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Aran Anar Active Member

Me just curious have not gotten into the new hub zone but wanted to ask how the new Public Quests work ?

Like do you go into a instance or go find a boss mob or is there public quest instance or me wonder ?

Have to find a group ?

Do you save up special currency or simply get quests rewards ?

Do bosses for PQ drop really good mythical or ethereal or relic ?

Me just wonder anyone be super nice explain what I not seen would be interesting thank you :)
  2. Vunder Well-Known Member

They are a group effort this time. However, what usually happens a group or 2 does all the work while everyone else stands around with their thumb up their bum.

New coin yes.
    Fabled gear is the SAME...the SAME..as master crafted (all I have gotten has been.)
    Its an instance that opens every few hours, there is a 2 hour wait between rewards on each character.
  3. Wreakinn Member

Instanced zone, don't need a group, different currency and decent fabled drops plus shot at divine stat boosters, currency can be used for mythical wrist items.
  4. Tekka Well-Known Member

So... the public quest is an instanced zone? o_O

*rolls around laughing*

I needed a good giggle.
    Iglu likes this.
  5. Wreakinn Member

I dunno what is so weird about that, but /shrug
  6. Occam Well-Known Member

I was one of those people with my thumb in my bum the first couple I ran. It would help if those who are familiar with the script would take a moment before jumping in to explain the strat in /shout. Otherwise you have exactly the situation you described, but the reason people are not helping is because they're busy trying to figure out what the hell is going on. o_O
    Omshanti, kerry, NrthnStar5 and 4 others like this.
  7. Tekka Well-Known Member

Because Public Quests have been in open world zones.

A public quest in an instance sounds kind of like... an open dungeon on a two hour timer.

You said weird, not me.

I laughed.
  8. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Sorta like contested except everyone can get a reward...
    Shmogre, Xillean and Tekka like this.
  9. Fairin Active Member

here's my two experiences for you Arnar - in order to damage mobs in PQ you need auto attack stats (WDB / DPS mod) and any auto attack damage increases you can get from AA's if your class gets them.

or be a pet class

plane of disease, group at either the first (bile?) pools where the floating seeds are, you and your friends / team need to kill the monsters underneath them, then 1 person takes a seed and rides the bat mount in the back of the area to "drop" them onto the eyes, the bat takes you to the otherside where OTHER seeds are for the other sides eyes, do this untill the eyes are gone, then you can damage the "queens" till 50%, then do it all again

sol ro - destroy 50 icons which 3 spawn on each side and 1 spawns in the middle. the enemies in this zone respawn. takes a long, long boring while without a handfull of summoners. once 50 are done. head on over to the middle and slap the avatar of war. which is usually dead before you get there cause hes just another trash mob himself.

poi is currently bugged so haven't done nor attempted it.

also a minimum of 8 are expected to zone in to start the disease one, when i formed a raid for sol ro i had nearly 3 groups (mostly summoners!) and it still took an hour.

they were made "instances" for public quests because people simply afk'd near them and got rewards, now it at least requires a timer and a clicker to enter the zone every 2 hours =)
    Fendaria, Dude and Mizgamer62 like this.
  10. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Ditto. I participated once so far. I managed to find the tank and helped him out for a bit. Then he ran off toward the mounts on the mountaintops. I noticed the water was killer. Stopped to heal myself. Lost track of him. I didn't know the mounts were mounts yet. Finally noticed people were showing up and disappearing, so may be a zone in .. clicked one... noticed it takes me from Red side to blue side (until I rode the mount, the map did not show me Red/Blue though, the map was empty until then). Flew back, noticed a name looking creature being fought but none of my groupmates seemed down there. Maybe they were but maybe the map didnt' show it. Then bingo, the end. 90% of the time I'm trying to figure out where I'm supposed to be.

I'm really glad they knew what to do though.

The walking giant zombie curses you btw, so use the mounts if you want to move. Apparently people were using them to get closer to an objective they knew about and jumping at a certain point.

Not seeing any write up anywhere... does anyone else see one on eq2library or eq2 wikia? (Thank you Fairin btw)
  11. Jhen Ro Active Member

Left Named = Path (red). Right Named = Hex (blue).

Blue side. Drag trash mobs up to the pool where you killed Ratticus at the end of Disease I to the floating blue orbs. Kill the trash while it is directly under an orb. If you do it right, the orb is knocked down, and you can pick it up (hand icon when mouseover). If you get it, it will be in your inventory - so take it and click on the bats in the same area to fly. While you are flying, click on the massive tentacled eyeballs around Hex when you get close (mouse over the tentacle and spam hit F). It will force the tentacle to retreat down - if so, you did it right. If not, try clicking on the next one as you fly past. When all of the tentacled eyes are popped like that, then Hex is vulnerable and can be damaged......to 51% health. The eyes return - so repeat this process of orbs and eyes until gone again, then kill. Queen 1/2.

Red Side. Drag trash mobs to the coast of the Canker Shores near where you fought Rancine in Disease II to the floating red orbs. Kill the trash while it is directly under an orb. If you do it right, the orb is knocked down, and you can pick it up (hand icon when mouseover). If you get it, it will be in your inventory - so take it and click on the bats in the same area as where you pick up the Grotesque Visage in Disease II to fly. While you are flying, click on the massive tentacled eyeballs around Path when you get close (mouse over the tentacle and spam hit F). It will force the tentacle to retreat down - if so, you did it right. If not, try clicking on the next one as you fly past. When all of the tentacled eyes are popped like that, then Path is vulnerable and can be damaged......to 51% health. The eyes return - so repeat this process of orbs and eyes until gone again, then kill. Queen 2/2.

Ongoing:
    • Water will damage you.
    • Bertoxxulous is roaming the Plane of Disease - get too close and he curses you to death.
    • Revive points at zone in and at south shore where you zone in for Disease II.
    • Red = South (Shore) and Left (Path).
    • Blue = North (Pool) and Right (Hex).
    • EYES: If you get too close to the tentacles, you will be ROCKETED across the zone and either be way out of position or most likely killed. Landing in water or safe fall helps.
    Wreakinn and Semperfifofum like this.
  12. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

For the plane of innovation (currently down): start off with killing a bunch of trash. After a certain number of trash is down, three pillars will spawn to be killed. Then which we must find Meldrath and kill him. Then a few people will run down to the room accessible through the sewers to flip switches in a particular order. The order is different for each new instance of the POI PQ, so do not expect it to be the same every time. A few will stay here, as adds spawn up over time and the switches need to be flipped repeatedly. Everyone else in the meantime starts hunting for spidermech mobs to kill for batteries. The flipped switches activate a "battery charger" to charge the batteries that the spidermech mobs drop. To charge them, right click the battery charger and choose charge after the green text has appeared to say that the switches have been correctly flipped, then take the battery to the inactive robot on the floor, and use it on him. After so many batteries. he charges up and becomes an active mob to kill. When he's dead, go visit Dr. Arcana in the Coliseum for goodies. :)
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  13. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

So this part... I didn't seem to need to press F is that still needed? I just flashed for a second and the first queen died in the next few seconds. I was dropping down to see if I could help and she died just then. I'm sure I didn't press F. I'd have to search my keybindings for F, what does it do?
  14. Faelfreeblood Active Member

Don't know, but there is game wide lag in the evenings, and I suspect something like this may be the cause of it.