anybody help?

Discussion in 'Connection Support' started by ARCHIVED-Pumpkinhouse, Apr 26, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Pumpkinhouse Guest

anybody ever have this problem when you log in to station luncher it says "Disconnected from Sever".
    How did you fix it?
    because i tried everything and cant get on.
    any advice for me.
  2. ARCHIVED-Vieh76 Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Pumpkinhouse Guest

but yesterday it was the same thing too it said for me "Disconnected from Sever".
    its now going on two days i want to get in and play after all im paying for this.
  4. ARCHIVED-SOE-MOD-02 Guest

Did you try at the same time yesterday? There was a patch at the same time if I remember correctly.
    I moved this post to a more appropriate area in case you are having more then just bad luck.
  5. ARCHIVED-Pumpkinhouse Guest

i tried last night and that was when i found i could not log in.
    last time i got in was last thursday.
    i restarted, rebooted my model.
    im running out of ideas.
    im not a computer expect here.
  6. ARCHIVED-SOE-MOD-02 Guest

So last night was the first time that you could not connect? You were able to before then?
    Do you have a firewall or Anti virus program that may be blocking the game? If you have added exceptions to your firewall to allow the game through, it may need to be removed and then added again if any changes were made to the launcher program. That is about the extent of my Tech advice. However I have moved this post into a forums that the TSR's are helpful with.
    You may want to read this and see what information you can get ready for the TSR so that they can assist you faster.
    *** Read before posting ***
  7. ARCHIVED-Pumpkinhouse Guest

i have a new antivirus on my computer for a while but i had no problems logging in with the game.
    i dont know if i have a firewall on my computer.
    how can i check. please explain to me the details on how to check that.
    and my antivirus is Microsoft Security Essentials.
    i know you guys are trying to help me out the best you can and i thank you for that.
  8. ARCHIVED-SOE-MOD-02 Guest

I use that AV program as well and can not ever remember having to add exceptions to it myself. Hopefully the TSR will be online soon to assist more.
    You can also Contact them directly for more assistance.
    Contacting Customer Service
  9. ARCHIVED-Pumpkinhouse Guest

one or other i will get my answer.
    as a last resort i might have to call the tech line.
    and i hate bothering people about this kind of stuff because you giys get it all the time.
  10. ARCHIVED-SOE-MOD-02 Guest

That is why the Tech Support is there though :)
    I do understand how you feel, I am forever nagging my husband to fix my PC and get my games to work :) I am very un tech savvy....
  11. ARCHIVED-Pumpkinhouse Guest

oh this is new after playing around with my computer for a while.
    "Unable to write to Exception. Cannot open file-
    C:/ProgramData/Sony Online Entertainment/Installed/Games/EverQuest II/EverQuest2.exe (13) -
    http://eq2.patch.station.sony.com/p...ddd00363973a0f2
    The file may be in use or you may need lack the necessary permission to install.
    what does this mean?
  12. ARCHIVED-Pumpkinhouse Guest

if they cant fix this today then im going to close my account. this is the second time something has happen and i could not play. im really not to happen. but trying my best to stay patience.
  13. ARCHIVED-SOE-MOD-02 Guest

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=499962&post_id=5750357 Please do not cross post your issue into other players issues.
  14. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

Let's clear up the basics first then we can get more specific with just you if necessary.
    Antivirus software can be responsible but isn't the only culprit for receiving this type of error. It can also be caused by issues on our end so I'm making sure that get's looked in to as well.
    For the time being, let's just address what we can together. If you have any security software including antivirus, firewall, or internet security, go ahead and disable them completely just to test if you can get in. If you can, re-enable them 1 by 1 and we can identify what is causing the block.
    I've also included our own network test instructions below as well so you can give it a shot as it may help us identify where a block may be even if its on our end or yours. Remember, this is just to test in the meantime as we will be looking at it from our end as well.
  15. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

Here's the network test. You can post the results here or open support tickets and attach them there. If you go the support ticket route, make sure to include a description of the issue in case another tech other than myself gets to it first. Feel free to post the ticket numbers here too.
    I need you to bring up a run dialog box. You can do this by pressing and holding the Windows key on your keyboard and tapping the R key.
    In the box that pops up I need you to type cmd and press Enter (If you're using Windows Vista/7 press ctrl-shift-enter).
    This is going to bring up an old “DOS box” don’t worry it’s just text.
    You’ll need to type in the following commands one at a time. Remember to put spaces between all the words, unless there’s a special character like / or . in front of the word. Then you’ll want to keep that symbol and the word together.
    If you’re having a lot of trouble you can also just copy and paste the text out of this email and into the DOS box.
    These commands can take a while to run so please wait for the blinking cursor to appear since you won’t see any output to your screen. For the pathping commands you might even want to go grab some coffee, or a sandwich between lines.

So, all set? Here’s the commands (If you receive Access Denied, go to Start > All Programs > Accessories, right-click the Command Prompt and select "Run as administrator"):

ipconfig /all > c:\eq2info.txt

tracert "your server".everquest2.com >> c:\eq2info.txt
    (for example: unrest.everquest2.com, antoniabayle.everquest2.com or
    freeport.everquest2.com)

pathping "your server".everquest2.com >> c:\eq2info.txt
    (for example: unrest.everquest2.com, antoniabayle.everquest2.com or
    freeport.everquest2.com)

If you’re curious what you’re saving for us, try the commands again but without the >’s or the stuff after them. Go ahead, I’ll wait… Pretty confusing huh? Don’t worry I speak gibberish fluently and can translate it for you.

Ok now that you’re done with that, you’ll have a file on your hard drive called “eq2info.txt”. If you go into your hard drive you’ll find it right in the main folder. To get there, just do that Windows key and R trick from earlier, and type C: and press enter. The file will be in there. Just send that file into me, I’ll translate it and figure out what happened to your connection, then I’ll let you know. No worries it’ll be pretty painless, but we might need you to contact another company if it’s not something on your computer that’s doing this.
  16. ARCHIVED-FarPhaelon Guest

Pumpkinhouse wrote:
    I had this a couple times. I ran the Validate Files and it went away. Maybe try that?
  17. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

Pumpkinhouse wrote:
    It means exactly what it says, the file may be in use or you may lack the necessary permission to 'install' (or in this case, overwrite the everquest2.exe file). To get around that, first thing is to move the Everquest II folder OUT of the ProgramData path as it is very protected and hidden. I would recommend C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\ instead. If the error persists, just delete the Everquest2.exe file manually and let the LaunchPad re-download it entirely. This can also be caused by existing security software on the PC so make sure you disable those (antivirus, firewall, internet security) to make sure it is not blocking it as well.