Any way to export out the quests you have done?

Discussion in 'Quests and Live Events' started by ARCHIVED-Nimrol, Jul 16, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Nimrol Guest

Is there any way to export out the quests you have done? I like doing HQ's and have a bunch of alts who haven't done a few, I wanted to get a listing of them in a spreadsheet without having to log in each toon and check them off (which I have done in the past)
    Thanks
  2. ARCHIVED-The_Cheeseman Guest

You may want to check out the EQ2 Questlist UI plug-in. I use it myself to keep track of my quests, and it's very handy!
  3. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

The_Cheeseman wrote:
    Mazahs' plugin is still the only game in town. Pity he no longer plays. I hope some day Quests appear in the feed.
  4. ARCHIVED-Nimrol Guest

5. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

It looks like if an add on can do it then they should be able to put it into the database info. Sure would be nice if it happened.
  6. ARCHIVED-yadi Guest

The dev could make the journal a little like the questlist...
    Meaning they should allow us to know what quests we have not done in each zone and what quests are in each zone total, etc...
    With the "requirements" based on class, race of each toon they could also show those who are unable to be acquired or done...
    I use the questlist more for knowing what I have left to do... and what is available in each zone for me to do...
  7. ARCHIVED-theriatis Guest

Hi,
    i was browsing through the thread and the Subject captured my mind, so:
    Is there a way to export the Quests now ? I can't use the Plugin (not english)
    but i made myself an Excel out of Fluffys complete List and filtered out the
    quests which are no longer available.

If there would be a possibility to export the Quests (at least to csv) i could
    compare what i was missing directly, without using the In-Game Journal and
    checking every Quest manually.
    I don't know if there's a dynamic.data for Quests, so...
    Regards, theriatis.
  8. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

Aside from Fluffy's quest list, it's pretty easy to look at the Timelines on EQ2i to get a list of the quests. If you do not want spoilers beyond that, you do not need to drill down into the walkthroughs.
    The Soloing Timeline is one I've found very useful over the years. It provides a graphical listing of the various sub-timelines with level indications, so if you have, say, a level 54 character and want info on where to go, this is going to give you an answer.
    My second favorite, since I do all the heritage quests on all my toons, is the Heritage Quest Timeline.
    There is a meta listing of all the timelines available, and right now I am working on The City of Qeynos Timeline documenting the new quests in the revamped Qeynos.
    One thing *I* would love to see is some quest-related stats in my Stats tabs: "Number of Quests Completed" for each toon, and leaderboard data showing how that stacks against your server and worldwide. I used to be in the top 5-10 questers on LDL when there were leaderboards I could check. Now the only reason I know how many quests I have done is I just got the achievement for 3000 quests.
    Oh, as a note: I had to uninstall the Fluffy UI tool, it was not working properly /sadpanda
  9. ARCHIVED-theriatis Guest

Hi,
    thanks for the Info :)
    I would use that, the only Problem is that i have already over 4500 Quests and going through every tab in the Journal is a bit... tedious :)
    Right now i filtered Fluffys List to my needs (Removed all the Quests i can't / won't do - like the Betrayal Quests, all Quests of opposite Alignment, all "other" Crafterquests, the lowlevel Crafterwrits i missed etc.) but it's still over 7000 -.-
    If i had another Table where i could see what i have already done (xls, csv) i could simply compare, hence the Question about a way to export the Quest List...
    Regards, theriatis.
  10. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

11. ARCHIVED-theriatis Guest

Hi,
    i know of all those Ressources - i use zam / wikia often since a few years now :)
    Still, that does not solve the Problem that i currently have to compare 4500 Quests to 9300 Quests - if i could
    Export the Quests into a Table, i could easier compare them.
    (Logging in on Test gives me the correct Classification and english Names - if i had to translate them all on top
    of comparing... now that would have been a Nightmare (also with the superb translation skills of SoE *cough*).
    Two additional weird things:
    - My Achievement says i have more than 4500 Quests (I drown in Quests currently) but my Journal says i have 4400+.
    - Fluffys List seems to incorporate every Subquest whereas my Journal does not (i noted this when i saw that there
    were 2 Heritag i was missing (Unhappily Ever after / Besought Baubles) until i saw that those were only Subquests
    of the "Beauty is only Skin-Deep".
    Regards, theriatis.
  12. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

theriatis wrote:
    Hubby has the same problem (Llogwey, might know him for his WW1st position on quest completion). He usually copy his char to Test_Copy server by typing "/testcopy add" in game. Currently the copy server is down though, so you'll have to wait a bit, but the trick is very usefull.... Yeah, he tried by hand first, and some names are just... no way.
    You may want to send him a tell in game if needed (Storms.Llogwey)