Any tanks that have higher damage?

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Tylion723, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Tylion723 New Member

Trying to find out if any tanks have higher noticeable damage. I'm interested in playing a tank and just don't want to pick one that is typically passed up in groups. I know these days just taking the damage isn't enough anymore and people will generally take tanks that can contribute more to damage.
  2. Sylke Well-Known Member

Zerkers, SKs, and Monks(I think?) are probably the best bet for your "high damage tanks."

I could be wrong on the Monks bit, or maybe it requires uber gear and not being set up for tanking, honestly not sure.
  3. Genghes Active Member

Sk probably has the highest potential for dps. The two lowest parsing fighters currently are guardian and pally. However, with the current procs and gear available all fighters can dps
    Liou_Unrest likes this.
  4. Sylke Well-Known Member

Yep, get yourself an Early Advantage and Molten Detonation proc and you'll be set for DPS :p
  5. Liou_Unrest Active Member

The upgraded raid version of Molten Det, "Devastation" is hot and you will be hard pressed ever unequiping a weapon with this effect, let alone 2 ;)
    Willan_HoF likes this.
  6. Willan_HoF Member

That is an absolute fact. The damage output of that proc in AE fights is absurd.
  7. Raff Well-Known Member

On what items do you find it? Raid items? Or is it a crafted item?
  8. Regolas Well-Known Member

It's raid - it's an AE damage proc. There's a smaller version (Molten Detonation) in heroics and adv solos, maybe even crafted.
  9. Darkon Well-Known Member

Raid items.

The DPS you'll do wont depend on class as much as gear.

If you want both, go Berserker/Monk.

They're the best two offensive AND defensive tanks. Balance confirmed.
  10. Genghes Active Member

Bruiser will do more than a monk especially if the ethereal leach proc is present
    xkrisx likes this.
  11. Genghes Active Member

Also, if you have a bruiser and zerker in raid then aoe hate will be insane
    xkrisx likes this.
  12. xkrisx Well-Known Member

I am the highest parsing tank in raid as a Bruiser, however, I do have 3 Advantage procs. I dont have leach anymore thought. But am hunting for the rune.