Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-danjuhmouze, Sep 21, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-danjuhmouze Guest

Hi all. I've recently gotten all my alts up to 20 (except for my Sorcerer) because of the xp bonus. Now, while doing this, I seemed to have lost track of my main, and want to try something new once I get my final alt there, since he is the last character slot I have available. I can't decide between Wizard or Warlock. I know they both have great looking spell effects, and are generally both great characters. I also know Wizard is more single target DD, while Warlock is more of an encounter DDer. Are there actually many encounters a Warlock can take by himself? The reason I ask is because I've always wanted to try a Warlock, and I've always wanted to try a Wizard. And now that I have a choice, I'm not sure where to go with it, since I only have 1 slot left.

Would it be possible for you fine folks to give me some pro/cons to help me make my mind up post-revamp?

Thanks guys, I look forward to seeing your responses! :D

I forgot to add - I'll probably duo with a Summoner/Necro.
    Message Edited by danjuhmouze on 09-21-2005 10:20 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-Collectall3 Guest

Both of them are good classes I still like my Warlock alot after the combat changes sure it plays different now but I am still having lots of fun. Both Wizards and Warlocks suffer from long cast times now Warlocks a little more so then Wizards.
    The DPS for both classes is good Wizzys are better at single targets and Warlocks own AoE encounters. I can still do good single target DPS 300 - 400 which depending on how long the fight lasts and the mob resists can put you in the #1 spot for single target DPS in your group. However in AoE encounters your DPS will be in the 500 - 2200 range which is frickin awesome.
    Wizards get evac and a decent intel buff , Warlocks get no real equilvelent of Evac but we get a Seal line of buffs that add a few levels worth of points to your casting skills such as disruption ect..
    Some of the Warlock spells require Nil Crystals in order to cast these you get from mobs by killing them while you have one of your curse spells up on the mob. Thye used to be TEMP and would dissapear a little after you logged out. Now they do not and you have to carry them around in your inventory I actually went out and got me a couple stacks of them by killing some easy solo mobs so when I am in a group I don't really have to worry about casting the curse spells to keep a constant supply of crystals on hand. The Curse of Emptiness used to be a really nice single target Debuff spell but after the combat updates it has turned into our most pointless spell. The Curse of the Nil is a good spell to cast on ^^^ mobs since it Debuff STR and INT by 57 but on smaller mobs is just a waste of time. I really wish they would have made the Curse of Emptiness a little more fun and usefull sometimes gettig the Nil Crystals just seems like work now.
    Warlocks main damage type is poison we are really lacking in other damage types we have 2 Ice Based Spells the Flashfreeze line and Ice Flame which is from the Bloodlines adventure pack and is a Ice/fire spell. We also get Words of Force from the Splitpaw Adventure pack but this spell is on the same timer as our Flay line. We need to get some disease based spells because some mobs are immune to poison ... especially in DoF.
    Overall Warlck is a excellent class but you should pick whatever class most fits your play style.