Any plans to boost tank dps before or during the next expac?

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Wurm, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Hamorm Member

Don't let genghes fool you he only shows up on the parse cause he stole my dirge
    Genghes likes this.
  2. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

I don't see why brawlers would be better Dps then any other tank Cept that they bring combat mastery. It's all about autoattack, brawlers CAs and dmg procs are ridiculously low. Some might argue that other tanks need to use shields, but other tanks could just use forced ranged and put in a tiny bit of more effort in positioning themselves after pulls and boom, u now have the benefit of a shield with the dmg of a twohander.

Brawlers are good at proccing others procs, such as VC.

Fighters was good dps in ToV as that whole xpac was all about the WDB and getting a secondary set of the beast dps gear called dreadlord was extremely easy as they were all over the broker.

As stated earlier with AoM itemisation has drifted more and more towards potency leaving all tanks Cept Shadowknights with a punch in the face. I'm all for it tho because I absolutely hate wdb based dps, it's brainless and plain boring, but most fighters needs a tweak to their CAs.

I have completely stopped playing my tanks, I have deleted a 100 guardian, 100 paladin, 100 Zerker and a 100 SK simply because itemization is too boring for them. I've kept my bruiser as they are my favourite tank in case a miracle happens.
  3. Boli Active Member

I never said brawlers have the best dps, (SKs have the most) but due to combat mastery the group benefits a brawler brings far outweight any additional dps an SK can do.... and brawlers are not exactly paladins in the dps department.
  4. Akathu Member

My sk does just fine in ToT. She almost never tops the parse, but tanks aren't meant to. It takes a very good healer to outparse me and if they do i'm happy because the group is doing that much more dps.Hate isn't really an issue either. Some well geared classes make me work for aggro but it would be boring if they didn't. I don't see what the problem is. Wanna do more dps? Roll a dps class then. I'll be content being easy to heal and averaging roughly 10 million zw dps, I don't need to hit 30 million(can with the right group and right encounter) to have fun on my tank. Some peopl will just never be happy though I guess
  5. ZUES Well-Known Member

It takes my tanks like 8 hours to do an advanced solo these days. Sad.
  6. Azian Well-Known Member

What I lack in dps I try to make up for in mass pulls on my zerk. (Yes, I realize not all fighters have the same tool set as a zerk/SK for masses of mobs). I can clear trash much faster on the tank vs. the one or two encounters I pull on my scouts. Once at the namer, it does take more time though since I can almost always completely avoid the scripts on my dps classes by just killing the named mob before the scripts become an issue. It's pretty close to a wash for me for the amount of time I spend in the zone start to finish. Who I'm dreading is my healer tbh and I'm putting it off until I've accumulated a fair amount of hand me down gear before I bring the mystic out to play.
  7. Arclite Well-Known Member

Will be great to get a bump on guardian. All out dps on trash/named fights with other tanks going all crazy is a challenge to keep aggro on. Was able to do 30 mil on trash in maldura dual wielding but not much considering our pally constantly floats around 40 mil on some fights with shield.
  8. Thalstan Member

if it's taking you 8 hours, you are doing it wrong. Admittedly, I am a Monk, so I do have some DPS advantages, but I am able to easily clear advanced heroics within an hour if I don't screw it up.

Check your gearing and adorning. Right now, I am geared 50/50 DPS/Tank and doing pretty well. I have a FEW adv. solo drops, but most of my gear is crafted or quest reward.

If you are a member, get your loyalty tokens and buy the 500 plat. bags. Use those to buy level 100 purples (or craft them yourself). These make a HUGE difference. Make sure you have swapped out your fully maxed out level 95 green adornments for level 100 level 1 green adornments.

Just doing the purples and the updated greens gave me a decent boost. I can now survive better and I have also cut most fights down by 1/3 to 1/2 the time needed to kill the mobs.

I admit, I am one of those casuals that does not raid. I spend most of my time doing tradeskills, leveling an alt (or both), or running quests/adv solos. That said, tanks were never meant to DPS. However, we need to acknowledge that the class is different from the role. Give tanks the ability to tank bosses well and provide T2-T3 DPS, be a middle of the road role that can tank all but raid boss mobs but can still function as add tanks as well as still putting out T2 DPS, or be a DPS role that can be a T1, T1.5 DPS and but are limited to tanking things like adv solo bosses and equivalent named.
    Kittybock and Sigrdrifa like this.
  9. Stach Well-Known Member

Everyone just needs to wait until you max out your deity points. Those will change things also
  10. ZUES Well-Known Member

That was sarcasm.

Laugh.
  11. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Lies!!! It takes u 8 hours to do an advanced solo! Ha-ha.

o_O
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Even on my conjuror, I started putting tithe into STA first. A dead conjy does 0 DPS, so more POT or CB wouldn't help me much. I'm starting to gradually add in some POT/CB now that I seem to be a little less squishy.
  13. Germs Member

^ I'd stick to potency as a mage. The STA increase even on my tank seems minimal.
  14. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

For sure. CB would be better tho, pot is everywhere in huge chunks this xpac.