Any plans for real particle effects?

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Tetractys, Dec 12, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Tetractys Guest

Anyone know if they plan to give us Bard types some real particle effects for our spells? It looks to me as if we still currently have a first pass of placeholder effects for all our songs. I know it's pretty minor but in 29 levels I've only pretty much only seen: a) unimpressive ring of yellow particles or b) generic explosion of notes. Only 2 semi-unique effects where I actually use a instrument but even those now are starting to get heavily used with the same effects as I get higher. Not a flame or anything.. I actually love playing my Dirge. However it is slightly disappointing now that I'm pretty much only getting upgrades to my previous abilities that they all still use the same batch of 3-4 effects. As minor as it is the appearance of your abilities is just as important to a sense of achievement and growth as their actual physical effect.

Ramble end..
  2. ARCHIVED-Ki-ana Guest

Totally agree. I can't help but feel we were a little rushed, and sadly, I can't see some dirge/troub spell effects getting priority over other fixes/changes for many months to come....if ever. Healers have more eye-candy in one subclass than dirge/troub/bard put together.

I know we're a small community but maybe things like this might indicate why that is so :smileysad:
  3. ARCHIVED-Xeryna Guest

Actually, our effects kinda looked better earlier. Crypt's Quiet used to have a really cool sorta ghost snake graphic when the proc went off. Also, it used to have this really cool purple shimmer effect that made like ghost images of the players (it used to pulse every 5 seconds or so though and some people got annoyed, so instead of just making it do it once when first cast, now we get some weak blah thing that looks like everything else). The Sparkling Blade line used to have a cool spin attack animation, but they clipped that out too and ya, most of our animations are the same ones over and over now. As it got near the end of beta, they kept "upgrading" particle effects, and basically that meant just turning every bard effect into a spray of musical notes.