Any interest in a hardcore EQ2 server?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Xeshaka, Jan 5, 2024.

1. Xeshaka Member

Been playing WoW HC and keep thinking about how fun it would be to do the same in EQ2.

What do you guys think??
    Siren and Zenji like this.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

No
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Zenji Well-Known Member

I really enjoy playing Classic WoW HC, but it is a very niche way to play the game and there just isn't enough population left in EQ2 to fill a HC server.

So as much as I would love eq2 hc, it would be an empty server.
    Arielle Nightshade, Smashey and Dude like this.
  4. Siren Well-Known Member

Classic WoW's Hardcore permadeath servers are indeed a total blast.

Maybe Darkpaw could put up a Seasonal or Event Hardcore server, with rewards you could take back to your home server for hitting Levels X, Y, then Z without dying before the server shuts down.

C'mon gang, it's more fun and way more strategic than you think to play Hardcore. Don't knock it til you try it.
  5. Fangrim Active Member

Zarashand is my alt, he's EQ2 world number one for kills vs deaths. My 4th attempt at doing it.
    Necromancer was first attempt, died after over 200k kills when I went afk and was slain by one of the x2 Rime roamers in Fens of Nathsar so deleted.

Then came the monk, lot's of feign death should be easy! I got blown off an island in Barren Sky by one of those tornadoes when trying to get the page for a collection off a rock! over 50k kills (deleted as soon as death)

I tried a paladin who died a lot earlier when I was drinking beer and pulled way to many goblins in Everfrost, I almost survived but I unluckily popped a named and died lol, Deleted with around 30k kills.

I found it really stressful playing these characters, one mistake and it's all over, I know one death keeps your kills vs deaths the same as 0 but it still has to be 0 for me! 460 604 kills and 0 deaths for the Shadowknight.
  6. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I'm not sure they still have the code that would allow for a hardcore server. I'm thinking things like: when crafting required components and combines in order to make items - and some of them you had to get from other crafters. You could maybe have a pseudo-hardcore server ...where mobs are tuned high and you have to run everywhere, but that 's not the same thing as an actual one.
  7. Ramblon Member

The hardcore they are referring to just means that when you die - you can't revive and you have to start a new character at Level 1.
    Siren likes this.
  8. Krov Active Member

I can see a fates type server , same concept ... but if a character levels you gain a fate (extra life).
  9. Siren Well-Known Member

Hardcore is permadeath. One life, one death. No rezzing. You lose everything that was on your character and in the character's bank when the character dies, too.

Regular servers already have rezzing upon death; that's the antithesis of Hardcore.

See the Diablo series and World of Warcraft's Hardcore servers; that's what we're referencing.
  10. Krov Active Member

I know exactly what it is , the wow version will never work here.

I came up with a alternative , that will not render a majority of the content unused.
  11. Kotter Legendary Member

thin out the servers.
    just what we need.
    Dude likes this.
  12. Krov Active Member

What did you expect ?

If there not willing to fix itemization and the content to allow the server's to continue into "live" each TLP has a expiration date set in stone .

That is the there plan with each TLP release , it's cannibalization at the heart of it and to think any different is being naive.
    Siren likes this.