Any good guides for Trench of Terrors?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Lambro, Aug 13, 2023.

1. Lambro Member

Tried looking for a guide on YouTube but doesn't seem like there is one for some reason. I was able to find guides for the last festival but can't seem to find one for Oceansfull stuff.

Tried using the guide on the fandom wiki page but it's either confusing or not up to date as it's the 120 version.

For instance, the first part tells us to kill mobs on the first platform and that there's harvestable nodes on the ground called Marine Sediment but I'm not seeing a single node anywhere on this first platform.

Anyone know of a better write up for this place?
  2. Brewmyst Well-Known Member

The sediment doesn't spawn in the scalable sub 120 version of the zone, as it's not needed for the named mobs.
    Lambro likes this.
  3. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

The sediment updates and fishing nodes do not show up in the 1-119 version. This is intentional. That wiki guide is the best you're going to get.
    Lambro likes this.
  4. Lambro Member

Alright thanks. What about the collection that is supposed to be in the zone? Guide tells me after killing one of the mobs on the platform to go back down and get the collectible but again there isn't one even though on the Festival page here on the main EQ2 site it says that the new collection is available in all ToT Dungeons.
  5. Lambro Member

Also, this end boss in the scaled version is impossible at level 50. Wiki says to kill the Sentinel of The Deep mobs. Then kill the Summoner that controls them.

Welp they hit like trucks. Soon as first one dies the second one ends up one shotting me and the merc. I'm a 52 Ranger with full level 50 legendary gear too and my merc is Kenny level 6.
    What's the trick?

EDIT: Turns out this was a bug and has since been fixed
    What's the trick to killing the adds around last boss of Awuidor: Trench of Terrors? | EverQuest 2 Forums (daybreakgames.com)
  6. Chikkin Well-Known Member

You can pick up one collectible from new collection after you kill that last boss with summoners, it spawned for me right where he was. That's all there is in scalable 1-119 version of Trench. The collectibles you are reading about on wiki are only in a level 120+ version.

Pretty much the scalable version is the same layout and path to finish as non scalable version. But minus harvestable things and minus main collection. Wiki write up as to what to kill and which order applies to the new scalable version, boss mobs are further down nerfed to not require anythign but dps and standing/moving with the whirlpool to block adds
  7. Ecco-Säuferin Member

After the portal leading to the Boss is opened, a shiny will appear around the area.