Any chance we can get the bugs removed from Jalkhir

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Atan, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Atan Well-Known Member

Seen so many bugs on this fight I doubt I'll successfully list them all:

1) When he splits with the mount, the mount becomes unattackable.

2) When he ports to the center, he sometimes gets the 100% damage reduction he gets when he's running back to remount. Note: Mount is already dead when it happens.

3) He still heals from pet deaths.

I should be clear, 1 and 2 don't always happen, they just sometimes happen for no reason.

I'm sure I'll remember more later.
  2. Mae- Well-Known Member

DUMBFIRE pet deaths! Tho controllable pets should also not heal him, but the fact that dumbfires do it is clearly broken.
  3. arturos Active Member

I dunno the way we do it we havnt had those issues however we did suffer from them until we learned how to do it the right way. since then no problems since.. Although all pets stay at ranged. as for the dumbfire bug i havent seen that and thats from necro horde down to my silly puppets.
  4. Foretold Well-Known Member

I don't think there's any "right" way to fight this mob prior to his dismount - the stat is simply to beat on him and wait for him to dismount - then the fun starts. Last night, we beat on him, he dismounted - and the mount was unattackable. I don't see how anything we did would create this result. The mount remained unattackable for the duration of the fight. No idea what would have happened had we actually killed Jalkhir... he flew up in the air and got a 100% damage reduction at about 3 percent, and at that point we all hugged red circles because we knew the encounter was bugged.

And yeah, dumbfires are healing him. Every time we do this fight. Not just last night...
  5. Mae- Well-Known Member

There were plenty of times he healed for 15%+ when no one in the raid died. The dumbfires have to actually DIE to him, not just finish their duration, so it's not gonna happen every time you cast a dumbfire, but it happens often enough to be obnoxious. The pulls we banned dumbfires, he didn't heal unless actual players (or their controllable pets) died.
  6. Gninja Developer

We are looking into it and will try to get a fix out asap.
  7. Daray Well-Known Member

Our experience with this guy (from the first day of the expansion) seemed to point towards the issue being related to the named healing up beyond the "remount" threshold (deaths to rain usually) while the mount was still alive and he was unmounted. He'd do his remount emote, and the mount would just turn into an NPC.

No idea if this ever got fixed, since from that point onwards, we always just burnt the named until he went up into the air and started doing his fireballs, and then switched to / killed the mount.
  8. Estred Well-Known Member

From our experience you have to burn him down to 5% after he dismounts to get him to go up into the air, then Esadara becomes attackable. That may be part of the problem you're experiencing.
  9. Foretold Well-Known Member

Seriously? Then it's really bugged, because the mount is always attackable immediately after dismount... except for the one time last night when it wasn't.
  10. Mae- Well-Known Member

Curious what part of "it" you are looking into, since several bugs were mentioned here.
  11. Estred Well-Known Member

To be fair, we never tried burning Esaradra before Jalkhir jumped into the air.
  12. Atan Well-Known Member

He goes into the air at 10%. If you kill the mount before that he resummons it.

You can get the mount to 3%, then get him to 10% and into the air then quickly DPs/verdict the mount down and deal with little fireballs.

If you successfully interupt every rain aoe your pets might never die (maybe) and he won't heal cause no pet died, but if he gets rain off, there is a high chance a pet will die and he will heal.

We've also seen him instantly kill the entire raid and spam his red text 24 times. At first we assumed this was a death count, but we started greping logs and the times he did that were no where near the same death counts.

Personally I think he has a few bugs, like if he heals at the same time as the split, and a few other things, then he has a long list of other bugs that happen if you let him heal over the 50% line, and then possibly more bugs if you wipe and repull. In all cases there are bugs, just more if you don't flawlessly execute the first pull.
  13. Atan Well-Known Member

To be clear, the time he wasn't he didn't become attackable even when the named went up into the air. Whatever ius wrong with the mount, isn't addressed by doing the script a specific way as the mount only behaves this way a fraction of the time.
  14. Loric Member

Bugs definitely seem to happen more often if, after he gets off his mount, he then gets healed back above 50% and gets back on the mount. One is that he doesn't actually always get back on the mount, just stands near it, though that is cosmetic and doesn't appear to affect the fight.

Most times he emotes and flies up into the air when he gets to 10%, at which point we kill the mount. Now and then he emotes but stays on the ground and can be killed without us having to kill the mount. One of these scenarios is probably a bug (presumably the 2nd one).
  15. Gosh Member

Weren't dumbfire pets promised to be immune to AEs?
  16. Mae- Well-Known Member

They still die to ae auto.
  17. Enoa Member

Seems broke. No NPC healing at all tonight : / No red circles of death. Almost a tank and spank.
  18. Uyaem Member

Didn't have heals anymore for us either, but I swear we had a red circle BEORE he ported up already.