Any chance Hard Mode Bows get a second look??

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Boise, Jun 13, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Boise Guest

After looking over some of that stats on the Hard Mode bows, it just seems to be lacking. Rangers have a hard time with their over dps and the Hard Mode bows are just barely higher than the Sublime one (which can be purchased via Seals). Shouldn't the damage gap be a bit wider???
  2. ARCHIVED-glowsinthedark Guest

heck easy bows need a boost too, at they very least they should be equal rating to the sublime bow, not less
  3. ARCHIVED-Boise Guest

glowsinthedark wrote:
    There is a large gap between the easy bows and the Sublime bows in terms of bow damage. However, the gap between the Sublime bow and the Hard Bows is very small.
    I'm not saying easy bows need a boost, but the Hard Bows are really not much better than the Sublime which can be had for Seals.
  4. ARCHIVED-Osp Guest

Nope the Dev team is to ignorant to see the problems with Rangers, Bows will NOT get any boost or second looks.
  5. ARCHIVED-Boise Guest

Venez@Permafrost wrote:
    Is this your staement or a quote from a Dev?
    Trust me, I'm with you about this. )
  6. ARCHIVED--=Hoss=- Guest

Looks to me like he's just a plant. A ranger hater saying dumb things to tick the devs off so they don't take the complaints seriously. You'd do better to condemn him than to agee with him.
  7. ARCHIVED-FearDiadh Guest

I am still using the Wyrm Tendon bow despite having more than enough seals for the Sublime Bow. Last I checked it had a damage rating 6 higher than the Wyrm Tendon (172 vs 178 ) and I would lose 2 crit bonus and 3 potency for some stuff I didn't need at all. You also lose 50 stamina and 8 agility in the trade. I thought the Sublime a slight downgrade or sidestep from the easy tox bow tbh.
    All of the bows are weak sauce compared to melee weapons this expansion. Even two hand swords are being given better damage ratings.
    I agree that the hard bows need to be increased, but not because of the Sublime. It is not worth the time.

edited to remove the stupid smiley that appeared in place of my 8 and my end parenthesis
  8. ARCHIVED-Boise Guest

Jack@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Sublime bow is a better bow since it's base damage is much higher than Wyrm Tendon bow. Losing Crit Bonus and Potency hurts some, but keep in mind that @25% of all dps comes form our auto-attack.
  9. ARCHIVED-FearDiadh Guest

Boise wrote:
    Crit bonus affects everthing you do except procs. Potency affects combat arts which are about 60% of what you do. Zizzu's post (eq2flames) lists the Sublime as working out to 300 more dps than the Wurm Tendon. Compare that to .02x30k + .03x21k (estimating +2% to 90% of ZW and +3% to combat art damage from ZW). My guess is that you end up losing about 1k dps ZW.
  10. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Increasing ranger CAs and lowering their recast makes more sense than increasing bow damage when rangers are already auto attacking for 50k.
  11. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

That's one reason I want CA's looked at much more than items. Fixing rangers via itemization means we'll only be fixed when we get those items, and then they would have to not screw it up when they push new sets of items for new zones.

If they fix CA's the class itself will be closer to fixed and the desirability will lay with the class not with what they are wearing. Kind of like other classes except for maybe tanks.
  12. ARCHIVED-Writer Cal Guest

Neiloch@Crushbone wrote:
    That. Totally that.