Antonica PQ - how does it work?

Discussion in 'Quests and Live Events' started by ARCHIVED-Xianthia, Aug 12, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Xianthia Guest

I mentored to 20 and went to try out the Antonica PQ, after wave after wave of gnolls, finally I got up to the part of the PQ where it asks that I kill Overseer Kharth. After almost 4 minutes of fighting (lol I know, but what can you do when you are level 39 mentored to 20 as a cleric...) finally he died. Then "a large treasure chest" spawned and I got the prompt to loot the chest, however... once I clicked on the chest, I got message saying I don't have permission to loot it.
    I was the only one at the fight until the last few seconds, someone was running past and stopped to fight kharth. So why can't I loot this chest.
    This is reminiscence of the Commonlands PQ. I was never able to loot anything from there either, and that was after numerous tries at it.
    So, how do these two PQ's work?
  2. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

I think it is a problem with PQ's in general. People also have that problem with the ones in DOV.
  3. ARCHIVED-Xianthia Guest

So put in a new feature (or old already for Commonlands) and just not have it working? or at the very least have a red named tell me "hey you won't be able to loot anything from the chest because on that day at that hour you were wearing a green outfit or you entered Antonica via the bell rather than qeynos gates, or w/e else crazy reason ... " lol /boggle :p
  4. ARCHIVED-Amekoi Guest

I thought the Commonlands/Antonica PQ were effected by the level -- last time we tried to mentor down for the Commonlands one, no one could loot the chest because while the mentored level is fine for killing stuff, it's an issue when looting. The chest says that a 92 player trivialized the content, and ignores the mentored level, and says "nope! Hahahaha, no loot for j00."
    It's really disappointing.
  5. ARCHIVED-Xianthia Guest

Amekoi wrote:
    Maybe that's the thing, that you can't chronomentor (I was). But then, why not put some sort of notice or even put on forums, if you aren't the right level (not chronomentor) don't waste the time? Or better yet, don't get the auto quest in your journal, even if chronomentored.
    If only we had the technology and know-how to get that done
  6. ARCHIVED-Karimonster Guest

Basically....its broken.
    Its broken, its been broken for a while, and they won't even acknowledge it, much less discuss a fix for it.
    The Antonica one is broken, the CL one is broken, and the DoV ones are broken. For a lot of folks, they give rewards just fine. For a lot of folks, we can't loot the chests.
    SoE's silence on the matter has let us know that A) they don't care and B) PQs are a feature that they no longer support.