Another Warcraft Refugee!

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-xAmbition, Apr 17, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-xAmbition Guest

Hey everyone, figured I'd introduce myself.. and possibly ask some questions if I can think of any. I'm coming from World of Youknowwhat after playing it for a pretty long while. I stopped by my local Game Stop just to browse around and they were selling the EverQuest 2 Classic for like $10, so I figured I'd pick it up since I'm burnt out of Warcraft and no other current titles (other than possibly Vanguard) looked appealing. I've been ingame a bit, messed around with a few different characters, decided I am going to play a Defiler since I'm the type who likes to play the classes no one else will, haha. Anyways, I was figuring I could make an alt to level as well that would be easier to make solo progress with, just to get to know my way around the zones or whatnot a bit better and quicker than with the Defiler. Not sure what, yet. Pet classes bore me. I got my Defiler to 11 before I read up on AAs and realized that I wasn't getting them because I haven't invested in the expansions and payday isn't for a couple more days, so I'll probably stick to trolling the forums until then; not really wanting to level anymore without them since I was wanting to play on a PVP server and I read on a PVE server you'll be able to catch up with the AAs, but it'd be best to wait on a PVP server until I had the expansion.. so.. yeah. Hello! Great game so far, by the way. Far more complex than I'm used to. Played Asheron's Call => Asheron's Call 2 => EverQuest (until level 20) => World of Warcraft. All the possibilities really have me like AHHHH! Trying to convince my wifey to cancel her WoW subscription and join me.
  2. ARCHIVED-willnotuse Guest

Welcome to the lazy, crazy world we have here. And yes, defiler is an underplayed class. You also may want to try a brigand too.
  3. ARCHIVED-DwarvesRUs Guest

[p]Welcome to Norrath! May you enjoy your stay here.[/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-xAmbition Guest

Rockgal@The Bazaar wrote:
    Out of curiosity, why brigand?
  5. ARCHIVED-Dimglow Guest

Keep in mind the OP said he is playing on a PVP server. Brigands are one of the most common classes on PVP, even if they're not very popular PVE.
  6. ARCHIVED-Limoj Guest

[p]Yes welcome! in my experiance the game is much more complex than warcraft![/p][p] [/p][p]Enjoy![/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-MerryMidget Guest

Welcome! I, too, am a WoW refugee. This is by far the best MMORPG out today.
  8. ARCHIVED-Zelq Guest

I came over from WoW last month :) It's a very, very rich experience here. Hope you like it!
  9. ARCHIVED-xAmbition Guest

[p]I think one of my biggest turn-offs from Warcraft was (surprisingly?) the community.. from this thread alone I've been able to gather that the community here is much more.. appealing to the more mature MMO audience. [/p][p] Thanks for all the welcomes and advice everyone. Very much appreciated :)[/p]
  10. ARCHIVED-Ebjelen Guest

[p]When you guys do invest in the expansions, get the EoF retail boxes. That gets you all three expansions in one bundle.[/p][p]Welcome.[/p]
  11. ARCHIVED-Leemeg Guest

Hey and welcome to EQ2, hope you enjoy your stay here :D
  12. ARCHIVED-Melchiah Guest

Kemt@Venekor wrote:
    Which is odd, considering how useful they are to raids.
  13. ARCHIVED-willnotuse Guest

Actually he said 'not really wanting to level anymore without them since I was wanting to play on a PVP server.' I haven't played on PvP since it first came out. Too many gankers and instances of using whole raids to attack one or two people.
  14. ARCHIVED-xAmbition Guest

I was wondering about that, thanks for clearing it up.
  15. ARCHIVED-willnotuse Guest

Not only that but EoF provides the AA lines which are great. Plus, do the deity quest when you can.
  16. ARCHIVED-Thrashercat Guest

Welcome! Enjoy your time as a defiler as well, I have noticed they are near impossible to kill in duels:twisted:
  17. ARCHIVED-xAmbition Guest

Crescendo@Everfrost wrote:
    That's a major plus ;)
  18. ARCHIVED-Smythy Guest

I myself am a WoW refugee. I left because of the community and the endgame (or lack of). I hated raids. Too long and too boring. And I am having a lot of fun with EQ2. Lots of choices. And I rolled on a PvP server, just because I am so used to the good and evil separation. I think you should roll on Venekor or Vox because there are a lot less level lockers than on Nagafen. That way you can get used to the ethics and the way people think on PvP servers. But its good to see there are more refugees from World of 12yearolds than just me.
  19. ARCHIVED-Winterborne Guest

I'm an ex-wow'er too. I also didn't care for the community there, if you can call it that. Defilers are very cool, and fun to play. I almost went that way, but decided on Dirge instead. Welcome and have fun!
  20. ARCHIVED-Twilly Guest

I too came from WoW. What amazes me most about EverQuest 2 is how much MORE it has and how complex it is in comparison. The crafting and housing alone are such new facets for me, and ones that I am enjoying immensely. The only thing I've missed about WoW so far is the quality level. For example, many quests in EQ2 seem to be inaccurately labeled in regards to difficulty. Additionally, there is almost no possibility of completing some of them without "cheating" by looking up information on them. The quest text itself is often not leading enough to ascertain the solution. That part about it is rather disappointing. That aside, the expansiveness of the game and the feeling of exploration and adventure in this game seems so much more ... grand! ... in comparison to WoW. I love it. =)