Another question on DPS

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-nickattom, May 14, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-nickattom Guest

I know we talk about great raid set ups but I am curious about what your base, no aggro managed DPS is for single target Epics, non named, non resist issues.

Lets say a doomwing fire drake. There is no pally, and no troub in your group. Full raid, and the raid over all DPS is 8.5K for this encounter.

What is your expected DPS contribution?

Any insight as to what the delta of AA 1 vs AA 50 might add to that?

Thanks!
  2. ARCHIVED-Araxes Guest

/deadhorse

There are half-a-dozen ongoing threads discussing both questions in some form or another. Not to shoot this one down but we don't need another DPS debate.
  3. ARCHIVED-nickattom Guest

Thanks for the prompt reply. I've read all of them, but none seemed to ask that very specific question. I'll look again to see if I missed that one.

Thanks!!
  4. ARCHIVED-Senen74 Guest

Hard to say given the small variable of 8.5k dps it all depends on what other classes there are do you have alot of short burst dps on the raid or will you have the time to get off your first rotation of spells and the dmg tick to full potential before the mob dies. What I can say is on a single mob like that you can full burn with little worry of getting agro if the fight is on the short side probly around 1k dps if it extends from there you can get around 1.5k dps assuming your fully mastered out.
  5. ARCHIVED-pharacyde Guest

No troub, no dirge, no coercer, no illusionist, no pally, no assassin, no swashy, so no aggro management at all hu ... find me a raid without those classes and I'll give you an answer. There is always some aggro management in some way. Even guardians can reduce your hate by 20%. But to answer your question in single target dps you will get aggro around 800dps. AE your max will be around 1.2k dps. Both are pathetic dps for a warlock.

Single target dps with the right extra procs and spell haste is around 1.3k dps. For AE you can probably hit 2k dps. And those numbers is when you go nuts, no holding back at all :p
  6. ARCHIVED-Max122 Guest

I am now down the Wisdom AA line and Int AA line saving up for the power reduction AA now to see if its noticeable. I pump out 800 min on singles with upwards of 1300+ if the spells hit the upper end of the spectrum and good crits if not am down at the 800 area. Ae targets always over 1200+ upwards to almost 2k lots of times. Myself and the other warlock in my guild are in the top 5 all the time in dps specially when there is ae fights and the summoners pets die. If they ever nerf summoners specially conjurors pets we should be top 3 everytime with the wizard.