another new bug in housing

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by suka, Oct 24, 2013.

1. suka Well-Known Member

i went to sleep in aerfren's house - intent on checking a few things when i woke up. however, i am in an empty house somewhere and have no idea where it is or how i got here. this has been happening a lot lately and has even happened when i camped in the guild hall sometimes. not sure what this is about but it can be frustrating. and it happens repeatedly.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Faeonara Well-Known Member

Seek help from your local chapter of decorators anonymous :p
    Sorry your having problems though but have you sent in bug reports ?
    Tariya and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Or also posted it in the Support forum (all 2 of them...sigh)?

Uwk
  4. suka Well-Known Member

bug reports made- didn't post to forums other than this one though
  5. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

*spits out her drink* OK, that comment got me. Haha!

What they said. Report the bug. I'm having a different bug. I go to zone into one house using the front door house select list. I'll select Bogllily's Aerie Kolmas, zone in and find myself in Bogily's affluent Maj'Dul house instead. This happens every time, so I report the bug every time.

EDIT: We seem to have posted simultaneously.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Or it wound up that way...3 minutes apart in the original posting, but the forum page timing is interesting.

Uwk
  7. daicia Well-Known Member

I've had an issue where I am being randomly zoned out at one of my non-prestige houses when I hit the button to leave, even though I should be getting a list of linked prestige houses to zone into or get a choice to exit. In other words, it's zoning me out at a non-prestige FP home (3 room, at the inn) even if I am leaving a prestige home in Freeport.
  8. Kamoj Well-Known Member

I'm assuming that you didn't enter the house via leaderboards?
  9. daicia Well-Known Member

No, it was through the portal to housing in the guild hall and leaving that home, none of my linked homes came up to choose to enter from the (internal) housing UI.
  10. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

Actually, unless something has changed within the last few months, exiting a home after using the leaderboards will zone you out to the last exterior zone you were located before using them. They won't zone you into another house or guild hall, even a non-prestige house. I tested it again this morning. I went to Antonica, zoned into my guild hall, zoned into my 7-room freeport house, used the leaderboard, zoned out, and it landed me right in Antonica.
  11. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

A
    Are you using any UI mods?
  12. suka Well-Known Member

strange. so it is putting you in the inn when you zone out and not at the prestige portal and not into a zone you were previously in. the only time mine does that to me is if i have no linked houses in a particular house or if i only have visitor status at an alt's house. but if i zone from a prestige house, even under those circumstances, it puts me at the prestige portal. definitely a bug going on here.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sounds like /bug or /petition time to me, yeah. :-/

Good luck! :)

Uwk
    who still wishes they'd fix the apparent bug of when your rent hasn't been paid, you're still in your house (rather than kicked out to the curb in the old days), but with the Housing/Leaderboards tab (and only on the Visit sub-tab) filling your screen, blocking your view of the door out, the way to pay the rent, etc. Was firmly convinced the whole new Housing system didn't work at all because of it and was infuriated at the whole non-intuitiveness of it :-/
  14. daicia Well-Known Member

I use the Profit UI mod. I think the last time I updated it was about a month ago. And this isn't happening after I zone via the Leader Board, it's happening from the Portal to Housing amenity in the guild hall and all of the homes I have linked I have full Trustee access on, since they all belong to alts. Hmm. It may have even happened once when I zoned in from the city prestige house portal doodad. I'll have to give it another go and see what happens, but it happened several times the first time I posted.
  15. Shadrac Well-Known Member

I decided to test the feature where you can put everything in a storage crate, then put it all back instantly. It didn't work. Most things were restored, but I had tons of stuff left in the crate.

I would not recommend using that feature if you've spent a lot of time building your house and want to restore it in the future.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, no...hope it wasn't one of those places you'd focused so much on... =8-0

Uwk
    still not finished touring all your stuff yet, but you know, the hols... X-P
    Shadrac likes this.
  17. Shadrac Well-Known Member

Nah, I wouldn't have risked that. :cool:
  18. Jexi Well-Known Member

I have visited a person's house before and camped out inside. The player then removed my access, and when I logged in I find myself inside the tour house.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Rather than outside? Sheesh...reminds me of my bugaboo with the Housing window stuck on Visit when you haven't paid the rent... X-P

Uwk
    who wonders what's wrong about kicking us to the curb? At least we wouldn't get stuck/confused/etc.... :-/
  20. Jesa New Member

That has happened to me before, both in a house and (Gah) a fully done guild hall. I believe it seems to be triggered by items that are partially stuck into what the game reads as walls or floor. I added the cravat of "believes' because of the less than accurate way the bounding boxes are read on the item mesh + uneven or just plain weird walls and ceilings in some houses and halls.
    It may not actually even be in a wall or floor by appearance, but the game still thinks it is and decides that you must need nanny sitting since there's no way you'd have put an item in the wall so it just leaves the item in the moving box instead.