Another Idea to Reduce Inflation

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Keffin, Sep 20, 2022.

1. gambitak Well-Known Member

It's new to me, and new to newer players, as well. The economy drives my ability to actually enjoy the game. I have not been part of all those conversations that, apparently, make people sick to their stomach.

For example, my first character, a ratonga BL (my avator pic was based on this character) became fairly useless when I went into a dungeon. My DPS was laughable, and I kept dying, even though I was higher level. I had no idea that I needed to upgrade my spells. So, I went in search for higher spells on the bazaar and sure enough, I was able to find a few that I could afford, buy them, and... still died. Okay, search again, "Arrrrggghhh", not the right spells, and the ones I needed were out of my price range. A guildmate took pity on me, gave me 2m pp and I thought, "I'm rich!" Nope.

I was, however, able to get a few more spells at the Master level and my DPS went up significantly. Ran into the instance/dungeon and made a little further and died, repeatedly. So, I ditched the BL and started going through alt after alt after alt. I ended up on the Channeler and the only reason he's been viable solo, in dungeons (et al) is due to the Villax Sneed merc, whose DPS is off the charts (at least, as far as my level is concerned). However, in dungeons, I found that I could not do enough DPS to help nor heal fast enough and, as a result, I still died a lot. So, I needed some new spell upgrades (I'd been getting 'Adept', at least and my GF was able to make the adept spells), and man, I thought the BL was expensive... wow, not compared to the Channeler's spells.

Journeyman, Adept and other spells don't really do the trick when I've tried heroic solo/molo or instance solo/molo. As I've gotten higher, I've needed better and better heals and DPS, which come with Master or better spells. Except now, I was broke. I did not want to use RL cash to get in-game pp; however, I kept dying and no help was coming in the form of groups. When people mentor me, it's no fun because they just face roll everything.

As for me, the economy discussion is new and extremely relevant.
    tasnee likes this.
  2. Celestia Well-Known Member

You might not have noticed the other discussions then, or they are just under a different name. I assure you, this topic has been discussed to death.

As for the BL, I have one but I never played it. Channeler on the other hand I consider one of two mains. What level are you currently? I can assure you, other than my 2.0 epic spells, I have maybe adepts tops and I am 125. There is no reason you should be dying, ESPECIALLY as a Channeler. They are probably the most over powered class in the game.

Are you using decent quality ammo? Food and drink? Do you have an idea of what AAs you should use?
  3. Celestia Well-Known Member

Also, what server are you on, I may have asked in the past, but I’m not remembering.
  4. gambitak Well-Known Member

Here's my character on eq2wire:

https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/2602775446237

Are you able to see it on my posts? I'm not sure if it's showing up as a signature or not. I tried to set it up as my signature, but never having done it before, I may have set it up wrong.
  5. Celestia Well-Known Member

Okay so one thing that I will tell you is Overloaded Interception works wonders, it’s under Shaper and to the far right. Purple icon on the last line. As for the other ones, I will have to get back to you on that, because eq2 wire is not letting me search anything right now and I don’t know my AA stuff off the top of my head. It also helps to know what essences you are using, and if you’re using interpose redirect on the construct hot bar that helps too if you’re not already. Aquatic essence is one I use, but I will look later at the other I have.
  6. Celestia Well-Known Member

Oh and sorry I was wrong, some of my stuff is expert. But not mastered anything. I have been thinking of switching servers on my Channeler, maybe I will consider skyfire.
  7. Avirodar Well-Known Member

I have also seen countless forum discussions regarding the economy. It is clearly an issue players care about. However, I completely understand Gambitak raising their concerns, and believe they have every right to do post about it. If there is an issue that no one is posting about, DBG will be oblivious and think everyone is happy. I believe the games economy is important, even if that means flogging the dust at the bottom of a ditch that used to be a mound where there was once a dead horse.

Would you agree that for a topic which has been discussed to death (your words), it's a shame that both SOE & DBG have never made any effective effort to manage the economy for this game? That is assuming that SOE & DBG's idea of effectively managing an economy doesn't involve promoting runaway inflation...
  8. Celestia Well-Known Member

Yes and I get it, which is why I suggested that this have some sort of subcategory on the forums. It just seems like it is at the top of the list ALL the time.