Another free our toons on IoR post

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Destroytherunn3r, Jul 31, 2022.

1. Destroytherunn3r New Member

So it's been a few months now, I just got a reply from support saying there are no plans to allow transfers off of the dead server IoR where I have 11 toons stuck. It seems really wrong that if you weren't on in the 7 day warning period they gave to get all your toons off they are just stuck and unable to go anywhere or even really be played.

They allowed us to spend real money on these toons, via station cash, upgrading spells mercs familiars, etc. and now they just sit there unused on a practically dead server.

Please address this and let us play our characters.

-Sawtoothgrin.
  2. Ghostouls Well-Known Member

Don't forget they made a LOT of money selling transfer tokens to folks. You could make or transfer a charater on that server. You could move a toon over there, pay $5 to transfer TO IoR, take plat or krono with you to sell there. Then buy all the stuff you wanted that is restricted on other servers, but available there, then after 30 days move your toon back to your server with all the stuff you bought. They also made money on the Kronos so you could sell them on IoR so you would have plat to buy stuff off the brokers. Now if you already had a toon on that server that had been there for 30 days, you could just buy up all you wanted off the broker, and pay the regular $24.50 transfer fee, and take it to another server immediately, where all your alts are, and those items would then be heriloom, and you could dish them out to alts.

But they no longer do this, so since they are not making money on this aspect any longer, they need to allow people to move off of IoR, or merge it with another server, giving tokens to anyone who wanted to go to a different server than where the merge was going to take place.

DGB/EQ2 has many times said they were not going to do things, and ended up doing or not doing them, opposite of what thye had said. Initially they said when IoR was started there would NEVER be transfers to or from this server, but then there was. So, hopefully they will rethink this and either reinstate the transfers or merge the server with a less populated server.
    Geroblue and Jesaine like this.
  3. Miroh Well-Known Member

How dead is the server? Eventually it'll be merged into another, yea? I know "Eventually" is a broad aspect of time.
  4. docdante Member

Same here-toons jailed-want to transfer them to Thurgadin..no way:), missed the short period due to work...
    hope they will change that some day...
    Geroblue, Jesaine and Twyla like this.
  5. Holdolin Member

Ya, I have a couple toons "in exile" on IoR. For all intents and purposes they're lost. To call the server dead would be an insult to fine upstanding corpses the world over. Just about every zone I went into I had to wait for it to spin up since nobody else was or had been there, except SE, where toons sit AFK all day.
    Jesaine and Twyla like this.
  6. Ghostouls Well-Known Member

This really needs a good look by DBG. For all intents and purposes, IoR, might as well be the new Drunder Server. There is no new blood coming to the server. No transfers allowed, although they allowed it when they were making $$. Now there is nothing to do on the server, except play with the same few people that are stuck there just like you.

Please DBG, either allow transfers once again, even if just for a limited time, or merge it with another server with the lowest population, to boost that server a bit. But something needs to be done. So many people have toons rotting away there, not quite fair to be honest. They haven't logged in for months on end.

DBG cannot say, we don't allow transfers to or from that server...They said that in the beginning, they even went as far as saying there would NEVER be transfers on that server... But then it changed, and they did allow it.... Then for what ever reason, they stopped it again, with very short notice to leave... but like I said people didn't long on for months, because the server is dead, so they missed that small window.

Please, once again, reconsider, and allow transfers for 30 days. That should be enough time for anyone who wants to transfer, to do so. If not please merge the server, with another server, and give tokens as usual, if people don't want to go to the targeted merge server.
    Geroblue, Vlkodlak, Jesaine and 2 others like this.
  7. Miroh Well-Known Member

I'm sure the server has to be coming to the end of its life. I would say open up transfers for 30 days and then make final preparations to merge it into another server.
    Jesaine, AOE1 and Obano like this.
  8. Obano Well-Known Member

They probably won't close the server any time soon. IoR still has an active raid guild on it.
  9. Ghostouls Well-Known Member

It still has "an active raid guild on it". So keep every person there with a toon locked to a server, for one guild... yeah still not right.
    Jesaine likes this.
  10. Holdolin Member

I'm not sure I'm following your logic. Are you suggesting that if IoR is closed/merged that that guild will no longer be able to raid? Since that's obviously not true I would ask you clarify your point. One thing that any raid guild (or guild in general for that matter) knows is that people come and people go. Well, on populated servers anyway. On IoR sure, people can leave, but said guild has no pool from which to recruit. If anything your response is more of an argument FOR closing/merging the server.
    Jesaine likes this.
  11. Ghostouls Well-Known Member

Well DBG, you can go ahead and do it now, I waited long enough to get off that dead server, deleted all my toons. Not crying about it, just the way it is. Why keep them there if you can't ever leave and there is nothing to do UNLESS of course you are that ONE GULD they are keeping the server open for. Waste of my time and money. Anyways good luck to the rest of you on the new Drunder server, lol :p
  12. Mugwort Active Member

Isle of Refuge needs to be redefined so that players understand what type of server it is, today. Too much official information is outdated or ill defined.

Although Isle of Refuge lost the ability to transfer off, transfer tokens to IoR are still sold on the Marketplace that insinuate a 30 day wait period before a player can transfer back which we know is impossible because that had been taken away. Players unaware or too new to know that, find themselves stuck on the server.

They believed the tooltip description on the Marketplace transfer token and then complain bitterly about their demise in General chat. That needs fixed so at least players can make an informed decision when purchasing the token and not be misled by an outdated description.
    Xariama_AB, Carizia and Dude like this.
  13. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

Originally they wanted to shut down IoR to help cut down on moving plat easily around. But the server is now a ghost town, the few people that are left, are stuck there. I myself have a number of toons that are locked there as I was not able to log in to get them off in time. The server was a lively and bounding place for quite some time. But its not worth logging in over there anymore.

Did locking down IoR change the plat for all servers, not really. Did lowering the plat you can list as item for on the broker, no, all it did was cause people to go back to private chats for sales, effectually making the broker worthless.

If they want to dump the plat, put things into the game to do it. Put reforging back in, that alone was a ******** plat sink. Put spell research potions, merc potions and the like for sale using plat.

They have lots of options they can do, but doing nothing is just insulting. Reopen the doors to IoR, Change the 30 days to 45 days before you can transfer if there is still a worry. But the revenue that was lost from closing down transfers could bounce back and boost DB for the fall.. just sayin
  14. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

If they made master spells and red runes obtainable by other means than loot drops, say from status merchants, and made temp adorns cheap to produce by reducing the mats needed to make them, and made rare harvest chance actually work rather than the dumb system they switched it to - therefore making high quality potions etc easier to craft in bulk, and made heritage crates no trade... It would make plat only really useful for buying loot rights. But as the people doing the selling would have nowhere to spend their massive heaps of cash, they probably wouldn't bother doing it. So you'd level the playing field without inadvertently just handing a different type of advantage to the ultra-rich.
    Games like this are much healthier when the effort you put in is reflected in the reward you get out.
  15. Crow6 New Member

I just wish with a new xpac coming out would be prime time to allow our toons off Isle the gear is all junk when the xpac go's live no more transfers after the xpac is live it's that easy. Daybreak would make a killing $$$ if they did this end of the year books $$$$$