Animal Form

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Deadly Decorator, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Deadly Decorator Active Member

Apparently this increases Health, Defense, and (small, very small) DPS while also a decrease in aggro per spell cast is VERY good for necro's who are lifeburning.

As a Fury the only thing I know about LB and AF is that AF give more health, and the more health a Necro has increases their damage somehow to LB. (true?)

But I was wondering if there are other mages other than the pet classes that could REALLY benefit from this and what spells they would use while having animal form on. I would like to know how best to support all my mages, and NOT just my Pet Classes in the group.

Please help?
  2. Chronus Active Member

It's useful on a sorcerer on a mob with hard hitting aoes as the extra hp allows them to stay in on aoes so they can still be within 10m for maximum damage on thunderclap.

Maybe useful on a mage that melees to proc them power.

In general it's just far better to put it on a necromancer as it's more dps for lifeburn, you don't have to cast it or have to have a necro in group you know, just cast something else, it's only 1 aa point after all.
  3. AricaJade Member

the dmg of soulburn is based on a summoner's pet's hp. af gives 10k hp to the mage that it's on. it doesn't actually decrease aggro on a spell cast, only on a melee hit. it also gives a mit boost to the mage. this's nice for mages that r taking a hit for some reason or another so u can heal them back up or decide to tank groups of mobs.
  4. Deadly Decorator Active Member

If it only decreases agro on a melee hit, then would this be a potential spell for melee illy's? I've been hearing a lot about how many illy's are starting to look into the melee aspect of their classes, though I am not entirely sure why.
  5. AricaJade Member

possibly. they actually have very good melee buffs/aa lines & can get quite a bit of dmg out of them. i honestly use it for the summoners & a certain suicidal wizzy that loves to tank. i have put it on my illy though for some encounters because they seem to be squish on certain ae's. they tend to live more then.
    Kraeref likes this.
  6. Daray Well-Known Member

Stop being mean to Wocto :(
  7. AricaJade Member

pfft not him, it's more like a certain mean brit.
  8. Mohee Active Member

Animal Form used to be able to be cast on Summoner's pets. I've noticed recently it can't be anymore... So this spell is only useful on necromancers for lifeburn now, and useless to Conjurors. Not sure what the point was with that ninja nerf...
  9. Chocmerc Member

I dont know about it only being useful for pet classes...

...Enchanters have access to melee buffs, and it adds a decent sum of dps to their parses (50-100k from what ive heard) so it would be great for illies and coercers, though the on hit mana part would be useless for the coercer, one spell and back to full for them ;)