Angled roofs ?

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Bansidhe, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Bansidhe Active Member

Is there a way of using the shingled tile and the rough planking tiles to make very simple shacks,outhouses etc?
    I cannot figure out how you can make the roof sloped?

Moonlight enchantments stuff btw :)

Ban.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Balkin Member

Should be able to do it with pitch and lifting if using the ingame editor, otherwise the layout editor will let you copy each tile, and move it up as you need to
  3. Bansidhe Active Member

Yeah i get that bit,I'm on about the triangular gap at the sides,where the 2 roof tiles meet,or if you can just make it with one tile,like a lean to..thanks for answering though...i may have thunk up a way around it :)
    Meanwhile ,back to grinding out wispy grass tiles! :p
  4. JesDyr Well-Known Member

5. Bansidhe Active Member

Aha!..drat that a lot of fiddle for a tiny little out house/shack! :)..thank you :)
  6. Balkin Member

Well....you could make some dividers super huge, and then position those, and put the tiles on top of them, then remove the dividers.

It might not be as pretty as Jesdyrs awesome way, but it should give an effect, and, hey, sometimes rustic and ramshackle is what is needed :p (or I tell myself that at least!)
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Or just use one Roof tile and tilt it, like a lean-to effect. Or, somehow "bury" a floor tile rotated 90 degrees so it looks like a Yield sign or diamond, rather than a square; that would fill the triangle-shaped gap, perhaps, but you'd need to get rid of the fourth corner.

Of course, if we could get TRIANGULAR TILES, we wouldn't have to go through all this... >:-/

Uwk
  8. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

What I've done and seen others do is to take four room dividers and form a square room with them at the place you want to build.

On top of those four room dividers, place four more so you get a two story windowless and doorless box that looks like a tall hollow rectangular cube.

The top four room dividers you tilt in, to touch the one directly across, so you get a cross from an aerial view as they meet to form the rooftop. You can then move/change/shrink the bottom four room dividers and you're left with a level floating roof that you can build under. No editor needed.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hnh! I've seen any number of photos of actual roofs in RL from the old-timey buildings here and there, especially in Europe, or at least things that look similar, that's true! :)

Thanks for that; will help with my own "build from scratch" madness... ;->

Uwk
    Avahlynn likes this.
  10. suka Well-Known Member

you can go to butcherblock, freeport prestige house, and visit Popie. to look at my roofs. this area is still in the process of being built but i do have a couple of buildings finished and it is set to visitor.[IMG][IMG]
  11. suka Well-Known Member

oh and i should tell you how i did it. first i made a box, as suggested before - two stories high. then i laid a tile over the top and used it to place my roof tiles on and slant them. when i had them in place, i used eq2layout editor to help me get them just right. then i removed the top walls and placed columns and poles and the rest of the decorations. anytime i want to put something that requires height, i place a tile that is of a different material than anything else in the house and raise it to the level i want the item to be. I then work off the tile. i move it around as needed. flying helps tremendously.

oh and i forgot to say that Popie's house is an ethernere Enclave
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Flying, and tiles!! Tiles are my BFFs when decorating...even when they frustrate me. Has anyone ever been able to line the ceiling in the basement of the (non-Prestige) 6-room Qeynos places? :-/

Uwk
  13. suka Well-Known Member

haven't decorated my 3 qeynos homes nor my freeport ones yet- lol - too busy with the prestige ones
  14. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

I did it with railings for roof saddle... put the tiles on them...

Pictures from the process are in the ethenere enclave thread I created...

I hope I'll come to update that this weekend.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, I'm definitely gonna have to look that one up! :)

What's a "roof saddle"?

Uwk
    Anghammarad likes this.
  16. Estred Well-Known Member

Just use the line tool... oh wait. Wrong forum :D

PS: I use floor tiles/roof tiles and angle them.
  17. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

I tried to find a translation, I did the word by word then. This means what we in germany call a "Dachsattel" to describe, that means the structure with beams and such where the roof is put on.

[IMG]

lookie above. Usually there are a few more cross beams.

*waves*
    Ang
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

AH! Okay, that makes sense! Thanks for enlightening the dim (/raises_paw, /blushes)! ;->

Uwk
    Anghammarad and Indigo23 like this.
  19. suka Well-Known Member

ahh- the roof frame. and you did an excellent job of making it just like in real life
  20. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Now all we need is piles of pink wool, so we can make it look like insulation. :D

For those that don't understand the reference:

[IMG]