And the next expansion is! *Spoiler*

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-ZexisStryfe, Apr 24, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Maegyssa Guest

I, for one, would love to see a new race, and continue seeing them. Where did the Drakkin go, anyway? I admit, as I've just returned to Norrath after being away for some time that my lore/history needs polish, that the question above may be somewhat newbish. Perhaps someone might fill me in as to what happened to an entire race?
    The idea of returning to Velious is exciting, regarless of how much it may be unlike the old Velious we remember. Certainly, we want the 3 factions and apparently we want the Othmir, as well. One question on my mind is:" Do we want the Coldain Prayer Shawl????"
    Further, as far as the more distant future is concerned, I wouldn't mind seeing something PoPish, especially if we could have our guild halls in neutral territory like the Plane of Knowledge.
    A great new feature would be to add the ability to search one's bank inventory by keyword.
    I'm gonna pack my warm coat and snow boots, just in case.
  2. ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu Guest

All I can say is if they r*pe our memories there will be hell to pay.
  3. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Maegyssa wrote:
    Stated by a developer as they were created as a result of events that didn't start until after the time split, the Drakkin canonically don't exist in EQ2.
  4. ARCHIVED-Killustrator Guest

I'd rather see a canine race, than a damn otter race. Dogs need love too.
  5. ARCHIVED-Alteri_1 Guest

Vulkoor@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Umm, it seems Nek is REALLY borked. Multiple rebuild phases, but no activation?
  6. ARCHIVED-Jaremai Guest

I'd predict the coldain prayer shawl to be the "next" crafter epic-type item.
    Question is what would the ring be.. other than a pain the butt to get? :)
  7. ARCHIVED-Tayani Guest

Jaremai@Guk wrote:
    Oh please Oh please Oh please oh PLEASE let this happen!!!! :)
  8. ARCHIVED-Thrads Guest

Want... Othmir... so... bad...
  9. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Killustrator wrote:
    I do believe it was stated earlier in the thread that the Otter people's files have the naming conventions of NPCs not PCs, so for now atleast they are not a player race.
  10. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    We really didn't need a Dev explination for this, though it is nice to have. Because, the Drakkin where created after the invasion of the plane of time and therefor don't nessicarally have to be in EQ2.
    They also where created by SoE long after EQ2 launched, and are an exsample of the reason for the time split/alterant future in the first place. Basically it gives both EQ2 and EQ1 devs creative freedom, for EQ2 freedom to control what happened the last 500 years, without effecting EQ1, and it gives EQ1 the ablity to add more or less anything they want, as long as the origins start after the Invasion of the Plane of Time without forcing EQ2 devs to do lore gymnastics to fit the new "history" in.
  11. ARCHIVED-Dreyco Guest

12. ARCHIVED-Maroger Guest

Please don't change it too much. I liked the old Halas better than the new one. THe land need not be made with biggerand more gigantic buildings. I want the EQ1 VElious - don't wreck it like you did Halas. The old Halas had so much atmosphere and this new one looks like some over built gargantuan development. I want the atmosphere of the Velious and not one that looks like it is some developer set of McMansions.
  13. ARCHIVED-BleemTeam Guest

ahem... that's Lord Bob.
  14. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Maroger wrote:
    One thing you have to remember with Halas, is EVERYTHING about it is NEW, and that was stated from the first anouncement. It is likly nowhere near Everfrost anymore, it is definatly not founded by the same race. Really other then being blessed by Marr it has nothing in commin with Halas.
  15. ARCHIVED-Tayani Guest

Dreyco wrote:
    Some folks from my old EQ1 guild used to say that the person who named him must have seized on their keyboard before hitting enter.
  16. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

Maroger wrote:
    The New Halas really has nothing in common to the old Halas. The only connection is that it was given the name by mithniel Marr. The old halas was completely destroyed.