Analysis of Mit/Avoid for different Sub-Classes Write up

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-Thanous, Oct 3, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-H3llburner Guest

" Monks, Bruisers, Paladins all have distinct second roles that makes them desirable when not tanking. Guardians can only tank. Don't know enough about Shadowknights and Berserkers post combat change to make an observation. "
    Oh yeah the great paladin art of set Siphon hate thru amends and then fall asleep so whoever is tanking has to worry less about button mashing agro stealers. Atm wards do not stack, heals really are soso and if you have any kind of decent templar in a group the LOH line might be the only one you ever use every 15 minutes or so if the crap hits the fan. Stuns just got nerfed on epics, our res is a Joke with its touch range and 60 second recast.
    Im sorry I fully support the Guardians that they made the plate class's of far lesser utility then they were Pre combat changes, and the brawlers and monks are by far over powered. I have seen monks steal agro from all plate tank types simply with their dominating DPS, the same way other dps class's can and do.
    Want a tank gor a XP group ? Bruiser, Monk then Mage pet, plate class only if your desperate or their your really good friends and you take pitty on them.
  2. ARCHIVED-Khore Guest

Fix mitigation and I would be happy, how are people supposed to be able to tank mobs that autoattack for 7k (tree in silcent city), two normal hits and any tank is down, until mitigation actually works, and now that epics cannot be stunned, these mobs won't be going anywhere.
    Also btw grats on changing everyone's roles once again, the mass exodus of people should probably be a clue that you guys are doing everything wrong right now. It is sad when the EQ 1 expansion outsells the EQ 2 expansion for the week.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kikenata Guest

I have to call BS on the response. I have to. It does not address the more pressing issue and flavour of the thread. Guardians DO NOT have the same play ability they had before the combat changes.

As far as utility, it is non - existent. All sub-classes provide a group buff in one form or another. The Guardian does not perform on par with other fighter sub-classes.

The intent to make sub-classes seperate but equal was not successful and must be changed to make the Guardian sub-class a viable option. Everyone has a chance to start from the beginning with a character they feel would be more play-able. But having spent many, many, many months on the development of a character makes this option equivlent to leaving the game for many, if not most, players.

To write about the effectiveness of a Guardian in raid and full group environments is to say that THAT is their only purpose. Even if that was not the intent, Steve is pointing out that the significant Guardian combat arts are meant for group and/or raid environments. Why must this be so when the other fighter sub-classes have utility specifically for small-group and solo encounters? Espcially utility versus a single mob be it heroic or otherwise.

It should not be the case where Master combat arts are needed and Legendary or higher equipment is needed to be effective in game for group encounters or lower all of the time. Of course it helps the Guardian to become more effective versus the mobs and is a component in game for a reason. But unless the player goal is to be involved in raiding the Adept 1s dropped from heroic mobs and regular handcrafted armor should be the effective tools used against group mobs. This isn't the case to me and only the highest tier equipment shows any significant gain in effectiveness for the Guardian in a group against group mobs. I mention this because I feel it ties in with the rest of the changes affecting the Guardian sub-class since LU#13.