An RP thing

Discussion in 'Roleplaying' started by ARCHIVED-face81man, Jun 19, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-face81man Guest

Greetings.
    I just recently got into the game. I, like so many others, am I longtime D & D pen and paper RP that was living the dream back on old pre-cu swg until that ended.
    Since, like so many others, I have played almost every mmo out there hoping to just get something even remotely close to that expereince back. I am excited about this game, because it has such a strong RP community on the RP server and a large population even though the game has been around awhile.
    What I really loved about pre-cu and our pen and paper session of D and D (also the older Final Fantasy games) was learning about your characters as you went. I do enjoy greatly a good backstory, but I am always put off by someone who tells me everything about their character in the first 10 minutes of meeting them and then I find there is no character, just a good story.
    As much as I love to hear about you, what I am really looking for is good CHARACTERS to RP with. I want characters with personalities so we can develope strong relationships. That does not mean to me everyone is nice and such. I like strong personalities no matter what they are.
    What drives your character? Do you seek something? Are you the assassin who left the guild and is now hunted? Are you the rouge who steals unwillingly to feed their family? Are you the mage driven to find the next great spell tome at all costs? Are you the druid who must defend nature who the vile hand of progression that tears down your sacred woods?
    These things that make your character what they are, not just their place of birth and their parents. I like flawed characters too. This adds depth and even better roleplay adventures. Perhaps you are a long time scholar of a mage who has since become ill with age and has forgotten much of what they have learned. Maybe you are a dread knight who has slain hundreds at the command of your leaders and now looks to change your evil ways while struggling to maintain your powers with your new found grace.
    Take me for example. I am a priest who was formerly a warrior of coin that was blinded by a mage during a mission. Since, I have taken up the faith and look to find 'true sight' through the purification of myself and others.
    I would like those like the characters I described above to contact me in game for a chance at both tavern talk rp and adventure rp for those who are similar levels. In the days to come after people get established, perhaps even epic and dramatic stories.
    I am in character in game 24-7. Contact me.
    I am Harmac on the RP server.
    I look forward to seeing what happens.
  2. ARCHIVED-face81man Guest

Perhaps there is a bard out there that travels to scribe adventures and sing songs when speaking of past travels. Or maybe a cursed traveler who looks to break the curse by finding the witch who laid it upon them. Or even you are a being born of an angel and seek to join your parent amoungst the heavens by finding out there whereabouts.
    If any of this or anything like this sounds like fun, please contact me here or in game. I am Harmac.
  3. ARCHIVED-face81man Guest

Maybe you were a pit fighter who has won his freedom but has no idea what do with it. Maybe you are a necromancer perfecting his or her art to raise your former lover and be one with their flesh once more. Perhaps you are even a seer who predicts the future but dreads the visions that fill your mind. Maybe even still you have summoned a demon, know of its true name, and have made it your slave while all the while it is you who are slowly becoming its slave.
    Another thing that should be noted is that games like swg had built in conflict into the game. Rebel v. Imps made for instant conflict which brought forced socialization through the conflict. Whether you banded together to fight your foe or laid claim to those fallen at your feet, roleplaying was much easier when you had a purpose to be doing something other than leveling.
    It is on this note that I ask are there those out there that would seek to be rivals? Perhpas it would be through conflict that we could be more vocal in socialization. Although I have some ideas to have characters as rivals, characters of choice can easily be explained through past histories as to why they now are at opposite ends with each other. Anyone can be added into another's story by a few comprimises on each player's part.
    Also, it may be worth exploring if enough people were interested to see if there was some reason for two or more 'sides' to be competing against each other. Perhaps there is a powerful artifact we all seek for different reasons or a prince/princess we wish to win favor with/capture to protect/claim the throne for ourselves. This would be open to ideas.
    Please let me know what you think.
  4. ARCHIVED-face81man Guest

A Relic rests within this world that can both save the souls who the damned and curse the most holy of saints.
    All that decides to which direction its moral compass points is the being which partakes in it.
    To drink of it make the universe and all its wonders ever clear.
    It rests in an unknown place, said to be gaurded by an ancient cult of paladins both of holy and tainted blood. They have sworn to protect it from all who seek it.
    Will you seek the Chalice of Definement?
    Will you seek to save those in need of redemption or seek to rule those who cannot match its gifts with their powers?
    The choice is your's.
    Let us hope that those with good intentions find it first.
  5. ARCHIVED-Maelynia Guest

First off – Welcome to EQ2! I would have replied sooner, but I just returned this week after a short tryst with another game. *gasp* But, I always come back home to AB. J
    Like you, I love story driven RP, remain IC as my default (yes, even while hunting/questing, etc) and, not to slight all the very cool instanced taverns, I am also a 100% fan of public, non-instanced RP out in the world of Norrath (think I read you were looking for this sort of rp in one of your other posts). I like your plot hook with the relic. J
    Anyway – I have 3 characters for you to seek out, if you wish. I won’t give their details here, but if interested, here are the very basics:
    Auralantha Sunweaver – High Elven Templar, devotee to Tunare and Erollisi. Publically, she is known to run a soup kitchen and shelter in Qeynos, called The Petal House.
    Viane D`Vaar – Dark Elven Inquisitor, fallen Innoruukian priestess. In her turn from evil (a long process), she had a bit of a breakdown and ended up running off with gypsies for a bit. She tries very hard to do the right thing these days, but her moral compass is frequently flawed.
    Selaendria Frostsong – Fae Fury, lover of nature and all things made of ice and snow. She was presumably born in Greater Faydark, but only has memory of living in Everfrost, her home. She has a good soul, but has a knack for getting into trouble…just another Fae with insatiable curiosity.
    I play PST hours, so…I’m not usually on until after 7pm PST on any given night. I’ll add Harmac to my friend lists – hopefully you are still around.