An Orc-Sized Preview

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Roshen, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Roshen Well-Known Member

Our team is hard at work getting everything together for the spring game update that Holly called out in her February producer's letter.

I know. This is a pretty small update. But when I see our animators share what they're working on everything day, I geek out over their work in progress stuff. And I thought you might too!

This is an orc NPC that was created to use in new areas that players will explore this spring. Enjoy!

[IMG]

GIFs are great. More to come? ^_^
    Raff, Xillean, Liou_Unrest and 9 others like this.
  2. Araxes Active Member

"Me will crush - crush you to GOO!"
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

And see, even orcs wear kilts :)
  4. Aivet Well-Known Member

You loot a stained leather kilt from the exquisite chest of an orc.
    You are hit for 58941684325 noxious damage.
    You have been knocked unconscious!

Seriously though, that looks pretty cool. I suppose we can all start playing "Guess the Zone" now? :)
    HaphazardAllure, Prissetta and hwy101 like this.
  5. Nockturnal Well-Known Member

Sweet! I love it when they look like they need to be killed.

Carry on!
    Sejreia likes this.
  6. hwy101 Active Member

That is a mean looking Orc an he seems to be shadow boxing. Getting ready for the big fight. Just might be some pillage in the village and rumble in the jungle come this spring. Bring it ! :D
    Prissetta likes this.
  7. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I'm liking the animation a lot! Thanks for sharing it :)
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  8. Karsa Active Member

Adventurers "Who is that?"
    Orc "Meeesmash!"
    Prissetta likes this.
  9. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Just remember, the only good orc is a dead orc. So keep converting them to good! *grins hatefully*
    Prissetta and Jaden like this.
  10. Rainmare Well-Known Member

Orcs tend to be a primary enemy to dwarves moreso then other races. Could it be we're finally going to see what became of the Crusade to the Vault of Brell? we'll finally get to slap King Stormhammer upside his dwarven head and tell him to get his **** back to Kaladim?
  11. Mandoblast Active Member

That really looks cool.

I am calling it now: Fabled Deathfist Citadel
  12. Liou_Unrest Active Member

Looks awesome guys. +1 for appreciating even the smallest of update posts.
  13. Jumjumbandito Active Member

Like the look of those Orcs!

Damn them seem to love crunches...

Now, how about freeing up rogues to live in both factions like assassins and coercers...
  14. Tohopka Active Member

To be honest, I dont like it. It looks too 'Hulkish' in my opinion. I just dont envision a orc to look like that.
  15. Gninja Developer

There may or may not be lore reasons why these guys look different! :p You'll have to wait and see!

[IMG]
  16. Tohopka Active Member

I'll hold you to that hehehe. I was one of the originals that followed the lore :p;)

Was going to add. I'm more use to seeing orcs from the hobbit or Lord of the Rings. Heck even table top orcs from D&D were great :D
  17. Raenius Well-Known Member

Guess some new orc leader managed to reverse Cazic`s Thule Greenmist effect bolstering orcs big time - having the goal to reforge a 2nd Rallossian Empire and we come into play to stop them. *guessing*
  18. Neiloch Well-Known Member

I keep hoping my idea for 'Fabled' dungeons didn't fall on deaf ears.

Zones getting re-purposed but they are showing what is happening in them 'now' after all the lore events preceding it. Like what happened to orcs and orc locales after the events of PoW+ a lot of other stuff after that would have impacted orcs. Zones made to be 'up to date' instead of locked in time.
  19. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You may wish to send this version to Dr Terry Dubrow to get this moob situation its got going resolved before it gets worse. Sorry just noticed and BOTCHED jumped into my head.
  20. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

Maybe, with the moobs, yellow skirt, and snazzy blue belt, not to mention the "I am waiting..." look, perhap this is a girl orc?