An idea for SOE on tradeskill

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Denvertim, Sep 24, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Denvertim Guest

I have been with EQ2 since beta. All the ups and downs.

One of the most unique game features are the Tradeskills. Now saying that i think one area has been lacking.....

High end or raid tradeskilling...... I know you have the raid merc etc etc and that is good ... but what if using some of those raid drops you allowed tradeskillers to slightly reforge some of that gear...

for example
    Take the Plate arms and allow a tradeskiller with a prime dragon scale to alter some of the blue stats like remove 2 crit bonus and add 2 potency

or

Take a charm from UD4 that has a blue proc on it and with a Prime tongue and 2 red adorns swap out that blue proc with the new one

You could even go higher. This would allow the tradeskillers to have a part in making and reforging.
  2. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

Denvertim wrote:
    +1 to that suggestion
  3. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

no. I'd rather then not try to turn the group/raid TS components into some kind of hybrid TS/reforging mess. Not only would that mean that if you don't raid, you'll never see one of those components, but thier prices will simply skyrocket.
    the raid gear from raid components is fine. the raid Apprentice is fine.
    Tradeskilling in the end game should remain simply raid quality loot drops. like the bone dragon shield. if they want to add more recipes, that's fine. if they want to improvew the quality of the items, even better. but there's no need to try and merge reforging into TS.
    leave reforgers as they are, in the cities.
    this whole idea to me smacks of someone who really just wants to have a method to put procs on his gear that either A) he doesn't have access to, or B) thinks are better, like someone who wants to replace all the procs that add 110 to your stats and some crit bonus with damage procs, or C) wants procs on his gear so he doesn't have to use a red adornment slot to get it.
    Leave the reforging to the reforger npc, and the making of items to the tradeskillers.
    what I'd prefer is being able to make entire sets, and not this you make shoulders, boots, breastplate only stuff. or 1 ring, a belt, and a necklace. give us entire sets of items.