an heirloom painting. Very disappointed

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Shanak, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Shanak Member

After obtaining enough loyalty tokens, I went to the merchant to buy the item "an heirloom painting" which had no description at all, and what I was expecting to see was an option to pick one of those paintings from the very start of the game which you could only pick one of per account. Instead after I examined it and the window opened to choose a painting, all that I saw were very ugly blocky screen shot paintings of eq1, all of which can be purchased in game during the portals to the past event. :(( I feel cheated out of my loyalty tokens.
  2. Deveryn Well-Known Member

They're not all available from the chronoportals, but it's still disappointing that there's crossover.
  3. Guiscard Active Member

What is more annoying is the symbol is a RUG - and you can't see what the painting choices which I think they should give you.
    Mermut likes this.
  4. Azomonas Active Member

Fortunately you can earn more tokens...starting tomorrow.

You can find details on most of those items online at zam for instance..
    http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/claim_items

or eq2furniture (search for "an heirloom painting")
    http://eq2furniture.com/index.php?type=Claimed
  5. Lera Well-Known Member

It's three tokens. You can get more tomorrow, and there are several sites that tell what the heirloom painting is for. You might have been thinking of "a wrapped painting", which was from the EQ2 Collector's Edition - the heirloom painting was for having an EQ1 account, which is why they are EQ1 paintings.

It would be nice, though, if they updated the item to show the painting choices, and if they added the wrapped painting and the wrapped-up painting (from DoF) as reward choices.
    Deveryn likes this.
  6. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I've been a little on the fence when thinking about them adding items purchased with expansions, but I'd love to have the full set of paintings offered with DoF.
  7. Shanak Member

Yes, I can earn more tokens, 1 per day. Doesn't make up for the fact that I lost 3 for something I didn't even want in the first place. And yes I was thinking of a wrapped painting. Those would have made MUCH better options for this merchant than some ugly eq1 paintings nobody wants because they already have many of from the event.
  8. Wurm Well-Known Member

The painting(s) you received for having a EQ1 account are not the same painting as the chrono-event paintings.

So which ones is the OP talking about?
    Finora likes this.
  9. Lera Well-Known Member

If you didn't want the EQ1 paintings - which are not the same as the Chronoportals paintings - then you should have looked up what it was before you bought it. Yes, it would be better if it had a description, but you still chose to buy it without one.

You can always try petitioning it to see if they'll give you your tokens back.

And some of us like the paintings, and like that we're now able to collect all of them.
  10. Finora Well-Known Member

Unless they added more paintings to the loyalty merchant "an heirloom painting", none of those are available from the Chronoportal merchant. They were only available one per account from that EQ1 pack. I am also VERY happy to see them on the merchant so I can get the other ones.
  11. Deveryn Well-Known Member

12. Shanak Member

Well whatever they are from, I don't care for em. The only kind of paintings I've seen that were like those were from the chronoportal events. Bought some just because I could and never put them up in any house because of how bad they look. Though getting my tokens back would be nice, that's not why I posted here. More of a warning to others and maybe a plea for SOE to change them or add the other GOOD paintings that I was hoping for.
  13. Wurm Well-Known Member

I like my EQ1 painting. Artwork is subjective.
    Finora likes this.
  14. Morg Well-Known Member

They could add the Portal Paintings from DoV. now those are good looking AND useful!! And people who buy COE say they aren't getting them. Why not? They weren't in the collectors edition. We also don't get the carnivorous plant anymore with new accounts :( or the green journeymans cloak. Lots of things they could put on the Loyalty Vendor.
    Taivr likes this.
  15. Wurm Well-Known Member

And not one of them being the things you mentioned in your post. Past expac items (collector and normal edition) and pre-order benefits/items should never be added.
  16. Morg Well-Known Member

I know that Wurm, i'm just listing Different items that look good and are functional that they COULD POSSIBLY use for other ideas ( ie: brainstorming ) for the new loyalty and veteran merchants. And why should they "never" be added? Because then they wouldn't be special? As in no one could make money off them in game by placing them in peoples homes? I have one account with them and 2 without, and yes, I would love to be able to have them. And IF someone buys COE they should be available.