An alternate idea to Hunters on Varsoon

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Fantasy_Splitpaw, Jul 26, 2022.

1. Finwen New Member

To me it's a nice idea, I would be happy if the merchant could expand it's stock of items offered.
    So people get to choose between the uber things or catch up on missed out equipment so far.
  2. Sunlei Well-Known Member

A good idea Laneth, more content and gear choice is always good for the game.

I very much doubt Devs will change anything for Hunters gear/hunters quest 'rewards' -other then any procs still broken/cloak? are hopefully fixed :p Doesn't hurt to ask- they'll fix 'things' quickly sometimes.

If people want the gears from 'raid' zones they'll have to join a guild that raids those zones or most of it is 'tradeable' and on the broker...... it is possible to earn a lot of platinum off broker sales, just takes game time. Happy Days!

p/s wish those hunter coins were tradeable.....in my dreams lol!
  3. Fantasy_Splitpaw New Member

I'm old-school, and I think dailies in general are a curse in MMOs.
    I was having fun in the game before Hunters.. Now, I just can't be bothered to log in outside of raid hours or to quickly do 1 quest per day since my guild expects me to...

My idea was just trying to find a middle ground. And yes, if people want raid gear they should work for it.If not, it removes the sense of achievement for people who get handed raid-level gear by running dungeons you can do with a group of half-naked pick-ups. Maximum reward for maximum effort, minimum reward for minimum effort - that's how it should work in my view.

I'd like to see MMOs-companies behave like they care about the long-term health of the game, especially a beloved one such as EQ2... Oh well...
  4. Beneeto Member

isn't this similar to what they did for Sentinel's Fate midcontent, add a merchant that sells dungeon loot for Marks so you can just buy what you need instead of hoping for good RNG
  5. Elskidorr Active Member

It's really nothing new. Love it or hate it, people were making multiple alts for void shards and later PR runs over a decade ago. I had a PR army in 2011 and mountains of platinum. It does get old fast but nothing is going to change it now.
  6. Fantasy_Splitpaw New Member

In my original post you can read this is exactly what I was advocating for, as a middle-of-the-road solution.
  7. Freddie_Mercury Member

2 items that you have to spend a month to grind for, that keeps the server alive right when everyone has done all it's content and is about to go to another game until the next expansion hits.

Luckily the Devs know this is an absolutely horrible idea and will not even read it.

The only REAL "issue" with hunters items... specifically crossbow, is that it trivializes the Ranger epic / mythical damage rating... so that the ranger has to choose higher damage rating vs mythical for the buff until SF...
  8. Arandar Well-Known Member

The solution here is obvious: allow rangers to dual-wield bows and crossbows.

I jest. Maybe.
  9. Zenji Well-Known Member

I would prefer if they limited Hunter items to the 2 item slots pieces. (Charm, Ear, Ring, Wrist). Added in a bit more variety in procs/stats to each of those slots. Then maybe toss in an nice stat mount for 60 coins.

Having Hunter items in cloak, shoulder, weapon, shield, ranged, necklace, just feels bad. So many iconic items go in those slots throughout expansions. Many of them completely meaningless now.
  10. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I've always liked the idea that you could get raid-quality (or close) items if you can't stand raiding, but don't mind working up to them with quests, shards, or whatever. An alternate but fair pathway to shiny loot is kind of nice. The issue here is the loot pool is so 'all the same' - lackluster and basically lazily created, that there are items you might like, but no real thing you just can't wait to have.

Even the Hunter's items. Nice - they add to the overall development of your character, but the stats are so strange, for healers particularly, that there is no one 'must have' item.
  11. Zenji Well-Known Member

Respectfully disagree. 9% reuse + another 2% with proc active is substantial.
  12. Beneeto Member

shoulders is fine to me, can't really think of any unique "shoulder" gear pieces, but as a scout is does feel bad for one of the best items to be an offhand when every main questline gives a weapon reward (not to mention lots of heritage quest weapons, cool raid loot like Windrazor, etc).
  13. Zenji Well-Known Member

I was thinking about how it impacts set bonuses and stuff later on. But ya nothing really unique.