AMD Fluid Motion Frames

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by RyhleeRhae, Mar 16, 2024.

1. RyhleeRhae New Member

Just if anyone wants to check it out and test it. I kept leaving EQ2 because of performance issues. Since the release of AMD FMF, I tested it out in game. Not sure why or how its working because it is supposed to be for DX11 and DX12 games but it is.

Now mind you, I also use AMD Super Resolution because I play on a 34" ultra wide monitor and the UI is too small at 3440x1440. So I turn on that option and play at 2560x1080 and with FMF I am getting well into 200 FPS on Extreme Quality and everything maxed out.

Of course this requires more testing but the zone I last played and character was parked at, Kylong Plains, I used to get 50-70 FPS. Now, as I stated earlier, am well into 200 FPS. Your mileage may vary :p <3
  2. RyhleeRhae New Member

Well for some reason it stopped working now and does indeed show the message please use DX11 or 12. And also noted my GPU watt usage dropped back to normal. Before when testing it I was 150-200watts now back down to 70 watts. Ill keep looking into this. Not sure why it worked before when I first tried this.
  3. RyhleeRhae New Member

Okay, from what I can tell, it maybe the driver software does not know if it is on or off. When it is showing FMF is enabled and the driver software is showing 170 FPS I am actually only seeing 80+ FPS in game. There are parts of Qeynos Harbor that I get 50 FPS in game and 100 on the AMD software meter overlay.

In the end disregard these posts. Mod can you delete all these threads. I appologize