Amaranth's Signatures

Discussion in 'Signatures' started by ARCHIVED-Amaranth, Jun 17, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Amaranth Guest

Hello all,
    I have been wanting to make a signature thread for a while, and most likely take signature requests if people seem to like my work enough.
    I am by no means professional, and am a bit timid even posting my work as there are so many other great signature artists on this board.
    However, I feel that if I do start making people signatures, it will only help my photoshop skills, and that can't be a bad thing right?

I prefer to do only light manipulation on in-game screenshots, as I really like the original graphics as is. I like to just tweak things around a little, so if you want a poser 3d modeled or heavily modified signature, you may want to try someone else. If you just want a little gloss on your original image, I may be able to help!

Example of some of my photoshop touch-ups on one of my screenshots:

[IMG] [IMG]
    Original. Photoshopped.

So without further ado, here are some of my signature works. I have also done signatures for other games and medias, however I will only post my EQII signatures here.

Bar signatures (Meant to be stacked)

[IMG]

[IMG]

Large signatures

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Thank you for taking a look. I love comments! Also, as I said above, if people express an interest in having a signature by me, I may open up for business (free of course, though I do love cookies.) So if you like my stuff, please let me know!
  2. ARCHIVED-Telal Guest

They are beautiful. You have no reason to doubt your abilities, it's far far far far far better than a bulk of the population (of the planet) can do. Very well done, I might make a request if I can get my Mystic to stay still long enough for a proper screenshot. ;)
  3. ARCHIVED-Amaranth Guest

Thetmes@Mistmoore wrote:
    Oh goodness, thank you for the kind words.
    I will be sure to have you at the top of my request list should I open shop.
  4. ARCHIVED-Amaranth Guest

Felt like playing around in Photoshop so made a signature for my current main, my Fae Warden on Antonia Bayle.

[IMG]

I was feeling 'green'.
    And yeah that is a default Photoshop brush I used. D: But hey, it sorta looks like 'dust cloud' which was what I was going for.
  5. ARCHIVED-Kahlef Guest

I agree with Telal. :)

Your signatures are very beautiful. The choice of color for the fonts and the backgrounds go very well with each character.
  6. ARCHIVED-Sapphirius Guest

Each signature artist here has their own style and flair. Hun, I've got to say that I love yours. They're all quite lovely.
  7. ARCHIVED-Amaranth Guest

Aw thank you guys. I just got home from my class and saw the nice comments. You've made my day.
    Sapphirius, I have seen and admire your signature work, thank you! :)
  8. ARCHIVED-Sapphirius Guest

You're most welcome, and psst... Virina's is my favorite sig. You've got a good eye for texture and coordinating colors.
  9. ARCHIVED-Luum Guest

/agreed
    Virina's and Delanae's are my favorite since green happens to be my favorite color. Nicely done!
  10. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

Absolutely Gorgeous!

It is true, nothing to worry about, as it is better then many can do (as you can see from my sig.... lol) Hubby made mine.. bless his heart! I looked at some of the threads on how to make them and I swear that I saw another language other then English!
  11. ARCHIVED-Kethaera Guest

You should definitely take requests, you're quite good. Make sure you /poke me when you decide to open up requests so I can get you on the stickied thread.
  12. ARCHIVED-Amaranth Guest

Made Del a new signature as she got a makeover today. I tried to keep it close to the original.

[IMG]

Also, I will start doing requests soon. Just need time to think up a proper form and get some more fonts and photoshop brushes!
    So if you like my work and would like one of my signatures, keep an eye on this thread.
  13. ARCHIVED-Beckah Guest

I really like the style that you do, it looks good! :) That new signature you made yourself is really pretty!
  14. ARCHIVED-Amaranth Guest

Just a little update.
    Unfortunately my PC has again fried (I had just gotten it back last week after it being in the shop for 2 weeks) so I am stuck on my Laptop again.
    This means I am not going to be able to do signatures for people until I get my PC back. Hopefully it won't take as long this time.
    I had been planning to open up on tuesday (tomorrow) but unfortunately my laptop just isn't up to snuff for doing graphics the way I like them. Not to mention I cannot take good screenshots with it, and have 0 non default fonts installed as well as no graphics program better than MS paint.

So, hopefully I'll get my PC back soon and when I do, I will open up for requests asap!

P.S: A big thank you to the others who have left such nice comments! I really appreciate it! It's you guys who have given me the confidence to do requests.
  15. ARCHIVED-Disaronno Guest

16. ARCHIVED-Amaranth Guest

I have my pc back and will be working on downloading some fonts and brushes (again argh!). I should be ready to start taking requests fairly soon!
  17. ARCHIVED-Amaranth Guest

Sorry for dropping off the radar for a while there folks.
    I have only now just been able to reactivate my account. I am not doing signatures again quite yet, but I do hope to soon.
    Sorry to those who contacted me while I was away from EQII and unable to make your sigs (I need to be able to play to get screenshots for backgrounds etc.)

I will update when I am able to start doing signatures for people again.
    Thanks for your patience.
  18. ARCHIVED-Faeywin Guest

These are VERY VERY Lovely! Excellent job :D
  19. ARCHIVED-StealthM0de Guest

Amaranth are you back in business yet? Thread hasn't been updated in some time?
  20. ARCHIVED-Amaranth Guest

Sorry for being MIA again. My subscription status tends to fluctuate due to real life and sometimes I have to unsub. However rest assured I never take on a signature job if I am not 100% sure I will and can get the job done.
    Thank you to those who have sent me lovely PMs complimenting my work, and to those who have taken the time to comment. These are the things that keep me going on my signature work. I really do appreciate it!
    I will consider getting back into doing free signatures for people, but please be patient. My waiting list often fills up fast. I also would like to get back into the game a bit so I have the proper feel and mood for doing your characters justice. I have been away for quite a while! I only returned today.
    So, thank you all for your kind words and patience. I will keep this updated with my status if I start taking on work again.