Am I the only one that thinks this?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Grandavi, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Miroh Well-Known Member

Everything will be alright.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

I'm just going to point out once more, this is not a EQ2 thing today. This is a Daybreak thing, that NONE of the people that have contact with us seemed to have known was coming before yesterday. It could have some backend thing to do with the new owners of Daybreak. It could be some security issue that needed to be resolved ASAP, we don't know (though I admit I wish I did). It's entirely possible it was something that could not be done at the same time as the regular patch (since everything is down including most of the websites).

You honestly have to be the unluckiest person who plays the game to have all the downtimes just happen to fall in your main playtime for X day.
    Soara2 and Sigrdrifa like this.
  3. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Or be an EU-based player, so every time downtime is extended beyond the usual schedule, it hits prime raiding time for most guilds.
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Refrained New Member

My 2 days off work, Yes work, are Wed, Thurs and they seem to have the most down time.
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Refrained New Member

Am I the only one who knew they would not be up at their expected time to complete?
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Finora Well-Known Member

No, I am not assuming people have 24 hrs a day to play. I simply broke down the per hour rate for access to the game servers. If you only have 3 hours a day to play, it's still only about 20 cents a hour that you personally pay. Gets a little less great the fewer overall hours you can play obviously.

I personally have extremely limited playtimes too. I've been playing these games for ages as well. I've seen all the various varieties of crap that has come our way with EQ & EQ2. I also recognize that things reset & time out. However, for the vast majority of the downtimes we've had we have had advance notice for. Even this one, even though it was not something expected, we got some advance notice. It's not that hard to plan for it if you care enough about it that you are going to be upset if it gets messed up.
  7. Almee Well-Known Member

I quote: "[ALERT] All worlds will be offline tomorrow for Daybreak-wide, necessary, but unplanned network maintenance beginning at 5:30 AM PT (GMT -7). Downtime is expected to last until around 12PM PT (GMT -7) or about 6 1/2 hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience and short notice."

It is now 12:33pm PT and Maj 'Dul is still not up--or at least that's the message I get.
    Soara2 likes this.
  8. Finora Well-Known Member

And I will point you to both the Discord channel and the tweet feed to the right of the main forum page.
    Downtime was extended (not really a shocker since all indications were something important to all of the Daybreak stuff broke or had to be upgraded unexpectedly given their message).
  9. Finora Well-Known Member

That is true. They used to update the EU server at a different time but I guess with the shrinking team they opted to stop that.
    Soara2 likes this.
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yup, extended to 3 PM PDT.
  11. whateverfla New Member

Worst run game in the industry. Like the game content but seriously, lowest quality dev team out there. Ban me from the forums, I don't care. I'm tired of daybreak's hollow apologies.

How about some compensation for the repeated blown commit times and multiple shut downs per week lately? Good games like GW2 compensate. Crappy phone games like Fishing Clash compensate. Or is daybreak simply worried that they'd have to compensate SO many times due to their flawed practices?
    Soara2 likes this.
  12. Kalika Well-Known Member

The downtime periods are getting longer and more and more frequent, there is a sort of trend there.

They also addressed zero issues on the TLE :

• Bad itemization, they were even unable to design a proper tank set for mark armor.
    • Very large class unbalance -- necros do 30% more than conjuror --
    • Heroic content way too easy,
    • Horrible quest/SF instance XP rate which forces people to level grinding mob in scaled previous expansion instances.
    • Absolutely despicable questline for 80-85 with deozen of postman type quests (go to paineel, come back, go back to paineel, come back ...)
    • Mobs that do no damage, summoner pets can tank even Erudin palace or vigilant 3.
    • Lack of adornment components (most items are level 90 and thus yield level 100 components.
    • Useless factions : most of what faction vendors sell is unattractive.
    • Hunter quest with no-trade coins (they used to be heirloom) asking to run 60 instances for a single item, this type of content simply burn out players.
    So i just cancelled one of my two accounts.
    Geroblue, Soara2 and whateverfla like this.
  13. Ichoris Well-Known Member

The game does seem to be down more and more lately. I don't think some type of time compensation is unrealistic. This is the second or maybe third time this month I haven't been able to play during my play time window. They have given items and other things in the past for long down times. Maybe this will do something this time. At least they extended the holiday event! Pretty happy about that.
    Soara2 and whateverfla like this.
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Bizarre, since 95% of downtime is on Tuesdays.
  15. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

Last month and a half:

Thu Feb 25
    Tue Mar 2
    Thu Mar 4
    Tue Mar 9
    Tue Mar 16
    Tue Mar 23
    Thu Mar 25 (Thurgadin only, yay!)
    Fri Mar 26
    Thu Apr 1
    Tue Apr 6
    Thu Apr 8

Tuesdays, 5/11, 45%
    Thursdays, 5/11, 45%
    Soara2 and AOE1 like this.
  16. Yadi Bashir Member

I'm really wondering if today has anything related to the buyout of Daybreak Game by EG7 a few months ago...

Hopefully this will mean some fresh air for EQ2 and even maybe set some plans in motion for an EQ3 game, for which I'm dreaming!! I was so sad when EQNext was cancelled...

Some great things and hints have been said (I've made the interesting parts in bold) :

Jason Epstein, executive chairman and majority shareholder of Daybreak commented: “On behalf of the Daybreak team, we are elated to be joining the EG7 family. The combined companies are strategically positioned to expand Daybreak’s unique and iconic portfolio of live games and will help amplify our passion for making great games for our communities. As a long-term shareholder and prospective Board member, I look forward to working closely with management to expand the company’s footprint by identifying opportunities that fit the successful growth plan executed by EG7 over the past few years.”
    “I am thrilled to be welcoming Daybreak into the EG7 family today. Daybreak is a studio I have the utmost admiration for, not only for their games but the teams behind those games and services. Together we have bold and exciting plans for the future, and I look forward to making those dreams a reality for gamers all over the world,” added Robin Flodin, CEO and Co-founder of EG7
    Soara2 likes this.
  17. Tkia Well-Known Member

Unless you're in EU where the downtime notices rarely get posted before most people go to bed.
    Soara2 likes this.
  18. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Seems that letter is similar to every other letter we read that was going to happen with a new takeover. What we get is crap. I expect nothing to happen that will have be paying another 6 months sub when this one is over. Till the, I will log in, do overseers and get items I will NEVER use then probably log out.
    Soara2 and Geroblue like this.