Alternative Re-Reality.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Foruminator, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Foruminator New Member

Hi there,

So I played at launch, and was hooked from the get go. I was a newb to MMOs and really to PC gaming at all. And I played for years, and spent a lot, and had a lot of fun. Then I had a break and came back, and really just hated the new stuff. I mean, times change, but mainly P2W (spells/infuse/familiar), and solo zones, advanced solo etc and of course the ludicrous stats and bloat.

Not that it is really much better (at all) but to get back to basics a bit I went to Kaladim and had a blast, for a bit. I still play and still enjoy, but just find the overwhelming feeling of pessimism a bit much.

I really wanted to play EQ3 and 4 and 5 and thought it would be a game a bit like chess that I might come to again and again through out my life. But it wasn't to be. And just recently I was thinking how unlikely it will be that DBG or anyone will ever actually succeed in making a sequel. So I thought, why not a tangent? Why not making a new TLE and run it until DoV but then release a different expansion - a new one. Take the other fork in the road. Abandon the stuff that so many people hated above that made the quit, or move on. Play to the old guys, the ones with deep wallets. Get new devs in or get existing devs to work on new never before seen content, in the vein of the previous winners.

And then take my money.