Allow Free Transfers For All Servers

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Cinnamon, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Rotherian Well-Known Member

StaticLex, you do realize that there is a difference between a bot group (i.e. a group consisting of characters that are controlled by a player using external software that automates commands) and a box group (i.e. a group consisting of characters that are controlled by one player without using external software that automates commands), right? If you are talking about accounts that are definitely the former (as opposed to suspected to be the former), then I would hope that they wouldn't get transfers (although it would probably take considerable resources to verify whether a suspected botter is actually one). If you are talking about accounts that are the latter, though, I would hope that they would still have the option to transfer from AB if they chose to do so.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  2. Griff Well-Known Member

To those insisting that we convert the existing servers to one or two Mega Servers let me be the devils advocate and propose an equally unappealing proposal. (One that I would not favor in any way).

Guilds:
    1. Change the rules on Guilds so they require 100+ active members. Alternates do not count.
    2. Go 60 days without 100+ members and your guild hall is locked out until you recruit more.
    3. Forced progression through the current content or again, you're locked out.
    4. Up the status to maintain guild halls. Gotta keep active to keep alive!
    Ridiculous, right? But it would certainly solve that constant problem that players claim are plaguing everyone because you would have built in groups/raids if you wanted to be in a guild. But see, that's the problem, people want the freedom of doing what they want, when they want, where they want; however they also feel you should be motivated, through over crowding to support their whims.
    The only real solution to the perceived problem is:
    • Create a new server with free transfers to it for say 60 days:
    • Allow complete guilds to move to that server, intact.
    • Designate that a minimum number of players requesting the free transfer be achieved before the server will be activated. Not enough numbers, no move!
    • If that works, they could do the same with a "casual player" server that would appeal to those looking for a less populated/hardcore population.
    Only then could they really see where the numbers are, consolidate servers if need be. This would keep both play styles pleased with their environment.
  3. nayic New Member

100% with that i cant stand low population servers and i cant stand that naggy died we all should have the fairness 2 move 2 another server by choice by poll from and server were on RIP naggy u will be missed cant wait 2 get my charecters off of it (only about 30-50 people on at a time thats not afk/sitting in lowbi areas or tradeskilling) went from about 400 people 2 a max of about 50-60 counting afkers and crafters it gets lonely
  4. nayic New Member

there would be 1 easy fix 2 stop the flooding though let people move all charecetrs from there account 2 1 server that another charecter is on for free but the charecter on the server u wanna move ur others 2 must be lvl 50+ or 60+ and prevent creation of charecters on ab if they feel the its over populated im am a person that loves grping i even love the older content its fun 2 just look in the older zones 2 see how far the game came used 2 go into older content a lot and just talk with people from qeynos a lot when cap went 2 90 from 80 i would even help them just because no1 on freeport side wanted to do anything (on naggy this was rare itself) but still
  5. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

The way Blizzard approaches population distribution is good, of course they have a lot more servers to deal with than DBG does. What they do is periodically offer free transfers from servers they think are high population to ones that are low populations. The offer is open for a month, use it or lose it, but the from and to servers are a fixed set. So here something similar would be AB offered free moves to Guk or Unrest, for example.
    Moonpanther and Finora like this.
  6. Finora Well-Known Member

Honestly that's what I thought of first when they sent out the poll here. I thought that might be what they were considering for AB.